ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 1.8 16v whats its worth please look.

clio 1.8 16v
hi i just found a little gem parked up been sitting for a long time, anyway tracked the owner found out the car has been in his famalie since new and has full service history it is a 1.8 16v m reg clio in naples red will clean right up completly standard, anyway i got into the car bit gruby looked at the clocks to see the milage.... "28000" with full service history he only wants a few hundred for the car. how much do you think this is worth ? or do you think its worth keeping?
he also said he would do a straight swap for my 1994 corsa 1.4 sri what should i do ??? help. the only thing wrong with the car is the accelerator cable is snapped and he said thats why he stopped using it its too expensive to get fixed.

clio 1.8 16v
what do you think its worth the car is a minter 100% original, what do you recon i could ask for it on ebay say or for sale on here. ?

Valver
Depends how 'mint' it is, for such low mileage maybe over 2grand? But thats if its spotless no rust etc sounds a bit suspicious though?

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Will need cam belt doing if it been stood for a long time so thats at least 250 quid.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
and with no accelerator cable there is no chance of a test drive...so no chance to see if its fooked.....if it is as mint as it sounds though and the bloke is genuine then it sounds like a steel

imo....to good to be true

Accelorator cable is about £25 quid and half an hours work.

Can bodge it with a bike brake cable if you want to test it.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Worth what u will get for it as scrap cos thats what it will be in 3 months - I hate valvers.

Do I sound bitter?

320d
As said it will need the cambelt doing and a service whether you're selling it on or keeping it. If its been standing a long time the brakes could be to bad to release with out renewing. If its totally standard the renault exhaust has probably rotted aswell... it all adds up

Buy the car £???
Cambelt £250
Basic service £70
Brakes £100
2nd hand standard exhaust £40
MOT £40 minimum
Tax £90
Insurance £??

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
I wouldn't do a swap, I personally would buy the car and do it as a project, if you keep yours till its done there is no major rush.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
^^the man speaks sense...

good knowledge rich...(hows the 106..pm me if you want)

leeds_182 - you bought a dog mate, they are not all like that, touchwood i think my=ine has been more reliable than quite a few of the mark 2's on here

clio 1.8 16v
well i no the man no's as much about cars as i do rocket science and thats not a lot. he thinks the car it fucked because of the cable he said to me but why would you want it you cant move it... i can just drive it off the clutch to get it home, the guys a nutter the car is taxed because its parked on the road the tyres are flat and it just needs a good wash polish and a service, iv seen about 2-3 sell on ebay and autotrader with about 50,000 - 60,000 on the clock and they all went in the region of £2500 £3000 depending on colour, i no that the naples is a nice colour and a lot of people want it.

320d
How long has it been standing?

If you get it cheap enough you could just break it as you only seem to be interested in making a few quid from it

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
well i no the man no's as much about cars as i do rocket science and thats not a lot. he thinks the car it f**ked because of the cable he said to me but why would you want it you cant move it... i can just drive it off the clutch to get it home, the guys a nutter the car is taxed because its parked on the road the tyres are flat and it just needs a good wash polish and a service, iv seen about 2-3 sell on ebay and autotrader with about 50,000 - 60,000 on the clock and they all went in the region of £2500 £3000 depending on colour, i no that the naples is a nice colour and a lot of people want it.

Very, very few valvers go for between 2500 and 3000....I'd say the average is around 1400-1500.

Got to be a gem to go for that price, you'd get a half decent Williams for that money!! Has it got the std leather, might get a bit more for that but not 2.5K!!

Lukeboi - If it is a s good as you say it it is, buy it & keep it a s a project. Don't p/x your car for it.

The car does sond a bit dodgy to me though - couldn't afford to get the accelerator cable done - not expensive at all.

clio 1.8 16v
ha ha finaly bought the clio today had a proper look over it nothing wrong with it apart from the throttle cable and the batteries dead got it for £200 will put some pics up soon. im sooooo happy a genuine 1.8 16v clio with 28000 on the clock runs sweet as a nut, the cars only been sitting for 3 months i thought it was longer lol. fsh in naples red and got it for £200 wat a touch.

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
ha ha finaly bought the clio today had a proper look over it nothing wrong with it apart from the throttle cable and the batteries dead got it for £200 will put some pics up soon. im sooooo happy a genuine 1.8 16v clio with 28000 on the clock runs sweet as a nut, the cars only been sitting for 3 months i thought it was longer lol. fsh in naples red and got it for £200 wat a touch.

Nice one mate get some pics up, have you still got your other car then?

clio 1.8 16v
some pikey mother f*****s niked my center caps already lol w*****s. never the less yea £200 will get pics on soon and still got the corsa selling that for £800 lol

clio 1.8 16v
clio568x426284x213xw8.jpg
finaly got some images excuse the rear bumper i do have anther 1 to go on. so what do u recon for £200
clio1568x426284x213hm7.jpg