ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 1.8 8v rsi tuning upgrades help?

phase 2 five turbo
im doing a few bits to my rsi want to keep it a little longer and enjoy it,but need help on tuning it?
iv changed the injectors which i got off an f3r 2.0ltr lump have a full race exhaust with decat and filter.working on fitting bike carbs to it (r1 carbs :) )the manifold is nearly done.
fitting nitrous to it at the mo. got a ny-trex kit with single direct fogger- 50bhp shot -
but want to know if theres any other ways i can get some na power from it? any ideas or know anyone that has some parts?

phase 2 five turbo
i know but i dont want that engine only keeping this car for some cheap fun for a little while then going to get a 182 or r5 gt turbo.so need more power for this year with the 8v. plus the 8v is a great little engine:)

225 Cup & Williams
Ah right fair enough. I'm sure there was a guy on here trying to put carbs on a mk1 rsi it was a green one.

ITB'd MK1
Ah right fair enough. I'm sure there was a guy on here trying to put carbs on a mk1 rsi it was a green one.

think that was a 1.4 on bike bodies.

I'm a fan of the F3P, under rated engine and neglected car tuning wise is the RSI. I wouldn't go for the volvo turbo lump myself, it's hardly a big jump forward in power for the work involved. You'll be needing a mappable ignition ECU to go with those carbs ;)

phase 2 five turbo
nice to find someone who likes this little lump :) i think its a great lump and its solid! ceers for the tips guys. im looking into A cheap mapable esu for the carbs. should go well with them:) any more ideas would be great. like i said i like the engine so want to stick with it but get a little more get up nd go out of it.

ITB'd MK1
I sell a canems ignition only ECU which will run off the standard crank trigger pattern so you wont have to change the flywheel, or retrofit a trigger wheel on the crank pulley. Let me find some details for you

clio mk1 RSI
I love my Rsi to stil got the original F3p engine in it and pulls like a horse.
theres not alot for this engine but it will be quick enough with what you are doing. how you gonna go about the inlet manifold for the bike carbs.
I have loads of resources for f3p engine parts if you ever need to replace anything . I found the trick with this enigine is to start with a good one but trying to find an unabused one was murder. Luckily I got mine off an old guy who bought it off a mechanic and i am the 5th owner. had 1 cracked valve when i bought and replaced lots of stuff (see my project thread). I am thinking of dropping an F4r in and tracking it but not sure yet might put it back to standard and sell it.

phase 2 five turbo
yea i agree ,myn pulls dam well to! yea the only other mod i can find for the f3p lump is a cat cam but there mega backs for one cam! well my uncle owns a company called rodwell powl ,they build rolse royse engines for airplanes. his helping me contruct the manifold will get pics up of the finished item once its finished. bloody mission to build tho! always love spares so cheers for that. could come in handy! :). well i like the rsi shape so it would keep the retro feel wilst having the the power of new! but its the pennys and the work,may be cheaper to sell the rsi and buy a 172/182? be a shame tho as your rsi looks nice mate :)

172 exclusive
use to run mine with a group 'n' semi race cam from a old customer that ran single seater s back in mid 90's polished head etc was pushing the boundaries at around 160-170 bhp

clio mk1 RSI
no its for the 16v , you could modify it and get a custom exhaust but would really be worth it , the F3p has a factry 4 branch manifold anyway so spend the cash on a half decent decat and full stainless system.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
Well theres me skim reading and missing the mention of 8v in the first thread. Think I need more sleep...

K

MK1 CLIO RSI 1.8
Hi All.

I have just bought myself a 1996 clio 1.8 8v rsi and have seen the thread to fit 2.0 injectors to a rsi 1.8 but i want to know if the 2.0 williams clio injectors fit straight into the 1.8 8v rsi engine?

53 Clio's & counting
Welocme mate :)

to be honest, do you have plans to upgrade the rest of the engine, so larger injectors are required? Im not sure on the flow rates or duty cycles of the RSi's injectors, but im pretty sure they would be fine for basic tuning - fitting larger injectors on their own won't offer any real increase.

MK1 CLIO RSI 1.8
Hi Russ. I may put a 16v engine in it later on but at the moment its just going to be a run around until ive got another car. I am looking at getting a remap and putting 2.0 injectors in this 8v engine to start off with. Any ideas of what other engine mods i could put on this engine? I have already got a pipercross induction kit and a 4 branch manifold and cat back exhaust system

53 Clio's & counting
Dont bother with the injectors mate - uprating them will do nothing - to be honest without internal modifications you wont get any more power - and fitting a more performance oriantated camsaft, or modifying the head just isnt worth it - if you really want to get more performance fit either a F7P (1.8 16v) or an F7R (2.0 16v Williams engine)

53 Clio's & counting
There's some pretty wild cam options available actually

Oh im certainly not disputing that Danny, but giving the OP imo, id prefere to go with a complete engine change, vs say a camshaft change and either remap or aftermarket ecu route, going on cost of performance per £

MK1 CLIO RSI 1.8
Id rather get a bit more power out this engine until i have got myself another car to do the engine conversion as i may turn the car in to a track car