ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 16v - battery indicator

Hi,

Ive just noticed that way battery indicator lights starts flashing when the engines reaches about 4500 rpm. It started the other day and was around 5500 rpm. Is this an indication that the alternator is on its way out?

It just seems strange that all the other cars ive had - the battery indicator come on at low revs and went off at high revs...

Comments anyone?

Rossa

Yea.. Mine did exactly the same..

Itll eventually come on all the time..

I was going through Edinburgh at the time.. heh, and it flicked on and off.. (Saturday) on the ClioSport Scotland Trip. By the Monday on the way home, it was on all the while.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Hope its not the alternator mate. Mine went recently but light was on all the time. 80 odd quid for part and 4 hours labout at 120 quid plus VAT. 240 in total as boot had to come off and was a pig to do, like everything on Valver.

Quote: Originally posted by Matty on 17 June 2004

Hope its not the alternator mate. Mine went recently but light was on all the time. 80 odd quid for part and 4 hours labout at 120 quid plus VAT. 240 in total as boot had to come off and was a pig to do, like everything on Valver.
EH? Boot come off?

Bushes will be wearing.. and whilst its out, because it is such a bad job to do.. you might aswell get a new one in..

More revs == more power drain..

I was going along M1 after having the light on for a week.. stereo went off when I booted it? Very odd.. so I started messing with stereo thinking bad connection.. then the ABS light came on and I knew we were in for a bit of an adventure.. revs kept dropping and it just kinda died.. heh.

If the light is on.. definetly get the alternator sorted or looked at.. it will give up after a bit.. hehe.

bonnet off head light out, it aint that difficult to do. just costs about 80-90 quid for an altonator thats all.

on mine, the battery light didnt even come on, it just broke down the day after i bought the car through town when i was cruising giving the look at my cool new car look to everyone! not so cool when it spluttered to a hault!

The Jinx

Do it yerself. Its piss easy, just fiddly. Need the bonnet off and light out and thats it.

Took ages for me and Paul1178 to get the old one out and about 1/2hr to get the new one in and done up.

Saved about £150 in labour.

mines started coming on (batt light) when im stationary, when i begin to move it goes off, then when i stop for a bit it returns !!

does it look like im in for problems ?

ps, ive got a spare alternator, i got it a while back, just in case.

oh brill !! im going to check the voltage from the battery etc, to see if its too low. Ive checked the connection & they are ok,

least i have, a spare alternator, just a pain working on it.