ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 16v starting issues HELP!

Bmw M4 & Clio 16v
I seem to have an issue with my clio 16v starting up.

I recently had a new engine put into the car but I am having some issues with starting it up.

When you crank the car from cold the starter motor does not rapidly spin over but the engine does fire fairly easily and seems to run fine. But once the car has got really hot/ and the fan has cut in etc. and you turn it off and try and re start then the starter motor struggles to turn over almost like the battery is flat? I have put a new battery in the car and this seems to be fine?

I have also checked the output from the alternator and get 13.8 volts on running, so battery must be charging OK?

I have been told that because I don't have a starter motor heatshield then this could be an issue? But not sure why?

Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks

Phantom.

S2000
I have been told that because I don't have a starter motor heatshield then this could be an issue?

Bingo, that will probably be the problem as I've heard of it happening loads of times before. I don't run a heatshield on mine but as I say I've heard of it happening before and as soon as a heat shield was put in the problem was sorted.