ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 16V Tyres

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Bridgestone S03s. About 48 quid each. Just manages to get 2 S02s and put on rear but they are hard to find. RE720 are also supposed to be good.

Quote: Originally posted by Rossa on 07 October 2003

What are Toyos T1-S like in the wet?
A lot better than my old Yoko A539s (and even older A520s) but thats not hard!

I like them, very grippy IMO, best tyre Ive had yet.

Id imagine the Rainsports are a bit better in the wet though (from the name lol, and what people say about them)

Im getting some F1s though with my new 16"s in a week or so, everyone praises them!

I paid £44 a corner for Uniroyal Rainsports.. then got Tracking free to do a price match.

Toyos would have been £40.. 195/50/15s..

I found the Uniroyals, after the free tracking, were cheaper than I could buy from mytyres.net anyway.

Quote: Originally posted by Tom_16v on 07 October 2003

Toyo T1-S Proxes or Goodyear Eagle F1s if you can afford them!

Ive just fitted a pair of Toyos (T1-S 185/55 V 15) on the front and bit sof tread are coming off!!!! I thought they were going to be soft tires, but the treadwear value is 280, which equates to over 50k miles as driving on striaght under average conditions. Interesting. Ill see what they are like in the wet.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Quote: Originally posted by Tom_16v on 07 October 2003

Standard size is 185/55/15 but most people (including me) run 195/50/15

How different is it running on 195s? Whats the pros-cons?

mine has 195/55/15s on it as the rear tyres were that size when i got it,

the front were the normal size 185s, but when they needed replacing i got the 195s to match the rear,

to be honest i didnt notice much difference at all,

the 195s are cheaper for some reason as i think they are a more common size.

Id go for the Goodyear Eagle F1s on 195/50. The 185/55 are alightly rarer, and as such a little more expensive. The 195s obviously give a little bigger footprint and protect the rims in the event that you nip a curb. The F1s were good in both wet and dry..

Quote: Originally posted by Rossa on 07 October 2003
What are Toyos T1-S like in the wet?

awful, found myself sliding all over the place in the wet

not bad in the dry, but dont last well at all

IMHO goodyear f1s or b/stone potenza s-03s would be your best buy

Clio 182 w/ cup packs

Avon ZV1 (think thats what they are called)

Absolutally brilliant in the wet, had them on my old car and the difference they make is amazing!

Quote: Originally posted by VoRN-182 on 14 October 2003

Avon ZV1 (think thats what they are called)

Absolutally brilliant in the wet, had them on my old car and the difference they make is amazing!

i have them aswell and tbh i cant fault them, they were on it when it bought it.

Id swear by toyo best wet tyre iv used, heard a lot about Yokos but they are expensive and wear quick depends what you want from the tyre thou?