ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 16v vs Fiesta rs1800 autocar review

tiTTy & SV650
i always thought the RS Fiesta was the 1.6 turbo and the 1.8 zetec was known as the XR2i?!

rory182 said:
i always thought the RS Fiesta was the 1.6 turbo and the 1.8 zetec was known as the XR2i?!

xr2i 1.6 cvh 95(?)bhp
xr2i 1.8 Zetec 105bhp
RS 1800 1.8 Zetec 130bhp (different head iirc)
RS Turbo 1.6 cvh turbo 130bhp (iirc)

106 GTi
White16valver said:
xr2i 1.6 cvh 95(?)bhp
xr2i 1.8 Zetec 105bhp
RS 1800 1.8 Zetec 130bhp (different head iirc)
RS Turbo 1.6 cvh turbo 130bhp (iirc)

Yeah the later Xr2is became 16V 1.8 to meet the new emissions regs in 1992

RS1800 replaced the RS Turbo at the same time.

RS 1800 was a higher specified XR2i 16v, the engine is almost identical, but made 130 brake from a larger throttle body, different cams, and ECU.

strange!

The speeds in each gear...

its says a valver is doing 60mph in 2nd gear, my RSi does that and also 3rd its on par. I thought a valver would be doing a quicker speed than that :S

172 Cup
Nice find! I used to have a valver and my girlfriend still has her rs1800 and iv driven both and the valver is such a better car to drive by miles! The XR2I steering always feels uninvolved extremely heavy! the engine doesn't feel as willing as the valver. Though on the plus the seats are excellent and has been 10 times more reliable then my old valver LOL. That thing was always off the road one thing going wrong after the other LOL.

LiquidPhoto.co.uk
need to use de-screen when scanning printed stuff like that, should get rid of that nasty morie pattern, ( thats just me being picky! ) anyway

good article!

i get about 200miles off £30 quid of optimax, what ever that works out to be! i do rag it everywhere tho!

megane coupe F7R
-TA- said:
need to use de-screen when scanning printed stuff like that, should get rid of that nasty morie pattern, ( thats just me being picky! ) anyway

good article!

i get about 200miles off £30 quid of optimax, what ever that works out to be! i do rag it everywhere tho!

I had to scan them at medium quality mate because photobucket automatically re-sizes the image if its over 520kb. I tried in full quality but when it was hosted and re-sized it was too small to read. ;)

Good stuff, thanks. Has pushed me over the edge I think, a 16V is certainly on my shopping list now, anyone want to part-ex with a Cup (under warranty!)?!

One of my mates has an M reg fez rs1800 - it handled like a bag of nails !!
Seriously bad, even when he wasn't really pushing it it was terrible, the body roll was amazing & it used to squeal like fcuk ! It had decent tyres on it too.

He bought an M reg valver & aid he couldn't believe how poor the rs1800 handled in comparison.

My mate has managed to spin his xr2i on a slip road in the wet and I'm like "er, how??"

I've been trying to persuade him towards a valver but the upkeep cost and the fact he's had his xr2i for over 10 years means he's attached to it and not that keen to change.

But then this is the man who will spend £600 at a Ford garage to get it serviced and looked after when, clearly, YTS boy won't even know what an xr2i is let alone be an expert in maintenance of it... :rolleyes: