ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 16V - What to do?

A Grey Slab (Audi Estate)
Just bought an MOT failure Clio 16V, its an 1995 N reg and failed on mainly the braking system (disks, pads, brake pipes all front and rear) plus a couple of other minor things. The car has full service history and 48K on the clock!!! Its in imaculate condition bar a bit of rust on the rear arches.

The big question is what to do with it?

Do I do it up, MOT it and sell it?

Do it up and keep it for when I go mountain biking (second car)?

Or do it up and have it as a fun track car?

Or any other options?

Plus any advice on parts etc would be great. Cheers all.

Williams 2
Do it up and keep it for when I go mountain biking (second car) me thinks. Quite rare to have one with 48k on the clock. I bought mine a year ago with 35k on the clock, it's done 50k now. Been pretty reliable so far, very fun car to drive!:)

Paid 1K for it. Think it will take a couple of hundred pounds for parts. So still a bit of profit in it if I like. Plus it has a new'ish set of alloys and tyres on it plus the originals which I am going to put back on.

Daz0rz said:
Sell your other one and keep this one ;)

You never know ;) but dont think I will sell my two month old 182 for this. Its good but maybe not that good.

As for tracking it.... I really like the idea of it but (I know it sounds daft) dont know if its to good to thrash it on a track for the rest of its life! Could make me or someone else a good car. Decisions, decisions!

Clio 172 mk2
I would do some research into how much it's going to cost to get sorted and MOTd.

I can understand whay you want a second car for mountainbiking....I ride MTBs & BMXs and you can really f**k up seats and trim with a set of pedals with sharp pins fitted!

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
GSF cheap for most parts, check online and things like pads and disks are easy DIY. Pipes may be trickier as unions will probably be corroded tight.

If you already have a 182 then you probably will not use the Valver but if ever you decide to sell the 182, Valver will still give you grin factor. If you can afford 2 cars keep iy but could make a little money perhaps if you can get as mint as possible and sell on at that milage.

Also check cambelt changes asif it hasn't it will require it.

LY 200
Strip it, 2 buckets, Slam it, williams lump and straight through system and wehey sweet as trackday car!!! ;)

All in that order aswell!!!Lol

Clio16v,205Mi16
Having just bought a 16v, got to say it's a great little car as std, nippy bit not fast, and handles nicely too. really depends if you can do the work yoruself the parts will be cheap. I just paided 1200 for mine 67k FSH leather seats insurance was 600. good cheap motoring.

Been looking into the parts. Euro Car Parts seem a fair price. Has anyone any experience of there parts? Any good?

I think it'd be crazy to get rid just because of the brakes - they're relativly cheap to fix compared to most things on a Valver.

2nd car is definetly an option.

The prices have dropped so much lately which is a shame - getting it MOT'd and fixed and sold would be an option, and depending what the markets like where you are, it should sell and make *some* money!