ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 0-60

Golf 7R
5.5 to 60 in moist conditions, so we are talking about high 4's in the dry relatively speaking....thats audi rs4 territory........hmmmm

BMW E46 330i Touring
I haven't been able to measure 0-60 yet...

... the minute I stick my foot on the throttle I'm up at 75mph, so I'd imagine 0-60mph of approximately 0.12 seconds.

Scirocco GT 210
Ads_172 said:
I haven't been able to measure 0-60 yet...

... the minute I stick my foot on the throttle I'm up at 75mph, so I'd imagine 0-60mph of approximately 0.12 seconds.

Crapit! My best 0-60 is 0.14 seconds, grrrrr. You've beaten me!

And before anyone asks, no, I don't have any solid proof of my 0.14 sec run whatsoever, but I did it!! You can ask any of the 4 passengers which were in my car at the time.

:dapprove:

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
Look girls why would i lie ?
If anyone lives in the hornchuch essex area i will be glad to take you out for a demo !
pm me if your interested .
that is the best ive ever managed perfect launch clear rd very slight gradiant, dont forget my car only has two front seats completly stripped out ! no door cards no head unit no creature comforts !
And to be quite honest i couldnt give a carrot what anyone else thinks !

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
Chris n nic said:
I managed a 5.39 0-60 at York (proper timing equipment) but that was with no rears and not standard. Probably on a gtech that wasn't quite set right.

Chris
Yes i was using gtech , i will check this out later as it seems that everyone thinks im full of it!
Lol

Golf 7R
Gtec, gradients, stripped, taking all this into consideration i doubt you will break 6seconds if im being honest!

eo52vug said:
If anyone lives in the hornchuch essex area i will be glad to take you out for a demo !
that is the best ive ever managed perfect launch clear rd very slight gradiant, dont forget my car only has two front seats completly stripped out ! no door cards no head unit no creature comforts !
And to be quite honest i couldnt give a carrot what anyone else thinks !

it's more a case of why have you lied? at least make it semi-believable if you are going to try and insult peoples intelligence.

taking anyone out for a spin wont make a blind bit of difference, as your car wont do 5.5 to 60, in the dry, wet or on the surface of the moon. not a hope in hell.

no back seats and door cards are probably about 70kg's in weight saved, which considering you say the car is standard means your power to weight ratio slightly increases, but even mine wont pull those kind of times to 60 and it has considerably more power than your 172.

for example, 218bhp, full interior, but aluminium boot lid and bonnect, no aircon, lighter engine due to bodies so about 1000kg's (lighter than yours I'd imagine) and it ran a 5.7 with real timing equipment from when Chris owned it... so I'd say your "My first 1/4 mile" recording equipment is calibrated wrong, as the claims are like the crap you read next to the "drivers estimates" bit in Max Power.

A standard 172Cup would need to be weighing around 850kg (near impossible?) to stand a chance of pulling those figures.

E90
lol at the 5's in here, timing brought to you courtesy of Fisher price

19897970_22123bf926_m.png

and

150px-Wooden_hourglass.jpg

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
TheJesus said:
it's more a case of why have you lied? at least make it semi-believable if you are going to try and insult peoples intelligence.

taking anyone out for a spin wont make a blind bit of difference, as your car wont do 5.5 to 60, in the dry, wet or on the surface of the moon. not a hope in hell.

no back seats and door cards are probably about 70kg's in weight saved, which considering you say the car is standard means your power to weight ratio slightly increases, but even mine wont pull those kind of times to 60 and it has considerably more power than your 172.

for example, 218bhp, full interior, but aluminium boot lid and bonnect, no aircon, lighter engine due to bodies so about 1000kg's (lighter than yours I'd imagine) and it ran a 5.7 with real timing equipment from when Chris owned it... so I'd say your "My first 1/4 mile" recording equipment is calibrated wrong, as the claims are like the crap you read next to the "drivers estimates" bit in Max Power.

Thats a fair comment , but like i say ive got nothing to compare it against i will check this later , I must be wrong the figures i have given are quite optimistic , im just quoting what i have seen with my own two eyes ,i apologise if im wrong .

seriously mate, there's just no possible way of it doing even remotely near that sort of time in the wet. Best would be a high 7 low 8.

Chris n Nic's car did a 5.3, but that's also with rear seats out, 196bhp and 175lbs of torque... which is a considerable amount more than a standard Mk2

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
TheJesus said:
seriously mate, there's just no possible way of it doing even remotely near that sort of time in the wet. Best would be a high 7 low 8.

Chris n Nic's car did a 5.3, but that's also with rear seats out, 196bhp and 175lbs of torque... which is a considerable amount more than a standard Mk2

Fair play ive just been speaking to my bro who has used this gtech before and he even said they are not spot on . so it looks like i was in the wrong i do apologise.
i do feel a bit silly, i thought these things were supposed to be accurate !

If these figures were accurate that would mean i have the worlds fastest cup !!!lol

Golf 7R
This evening im attempting to break the 6 secone barrier...i'll fill the car with helium, take cd's from glove box, put the backseats down, remove the foam and slick my hair for aerodynamic purposes i will let you know how i get on!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
i did 6.64 at FCS iirc. Tried the g-tech thing and got similar... Tho i'm not sure which is more inaccurate. FCS or the ghetto metre.

E90
LOL I didn't realise back seats and 20 hp was good for a second and a half, so if i get a abt chip and an extra 30 hp and take the back seats out, i'll be 5 seconds dead, fcuk me, wheres my spanners.

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
Weeman said:
LOL I didn't realise back seats and 20 hp was good for a second and a half, so if i get a abt chip and an extra 30 hp and take the back seats out, i'll be 5 seconds dead, fcuk me, wheres my spanners.

Get a gtech and it will more like 3seconds .

eo52vug said:
I live near Romford & if your cars as fast it your g tech says it is, i'd love to see it.
Also from your username (which I guess is your reg) i'll keep an eye out.

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
cat171 said:
I live near Romford & if your cars as fast it your g tech says it is, i'd love to see it.
Also from your username (which I guess is your reg) i'll keep an eye out.
My car is a HT53 cup one of many thats a reg off my old ff172 ill keep an eye out for you .

eo52vug said:
Fair play ive just been speaking to my bro who has used this gtech before and he even said they are not spot on . so it looks like i was in the wrong i do apologise.
i do feel a bit silly, i thought these things were supposed to be accurate !

If these figures were accurate that would mean i have the worlds fastest cup !!!lol

lol, yup, they are pretty gash tbh, your best bet is taking it to York or Santa Pod to find out your 1/4 mile and you can usually work out roughly what your 0-60 time is based on other peoples results... they do time them 0-60 sometimes as well for you.

From a VERY strong engined Cup like Chris' for example I'd expect around a 6.1-6.5 best 0-60 with dry weather and perfect launch. Anytime around that would be one rapid Clio, the 5's are normally reserved for the seriously modded and stripped cars and the odd freak.

my gtec said the hybrid did 9secs to 60 and my mates valver which was considerably slower did it in 7..... work that out

I was under the impression they are accurate if installed and setup correctly, and used on a level road?

Certainly, mine seems to consistently record what the car is generally thought to be capable of.

6.4 to 60
16.6 to 100
1/4 in 15.2 @ 94mph

Last edited:
Weeman said:
lol at the 5's in here, timing brought to you courtesy of Fisher price

19897970_22123bf926_m.png

and

150px-Wooden_hourglass.jpg

Lol, Gtechs arent the most accurate timing gear you can get, but for £35, they are good for having a laugh with your mates

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I think you need to remove the shell to get that sort of time mate.Not the seats...lol

ian

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
TheJesus said:
innit yo, I sayz you getz yer bruvva Uzi 9mil to tell dese mutha fukkas man!
lol ive got a little smaller request than that for you?get a grip!and a life u c**k!