ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 bonnet bonet lever

Clio 172mk2
check cables attached to the handle part, if its other end no idea how you`d go about releasing it

could try puling handle and some one to pull bonet up, maybe a springs gone

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
mine did this when it popped out. fortunately i had the bumper off at the time. sprung it open with a screwdriver

RS Clio 172
The one on my is a bit iffy at the moment. You have to pull the handle in the car then pull the bonnet up to open it, it doesn't 'pop up' at it should.

I may take it in to Reno and see if they're still fixing them free of charge from when they recalled them all.

Mine was doing exactly this, not popping up and what seemed like no tension on the handle when pulled. Renault fixed it free of charge for me about this time last year, so you've got a good chance of getting yours done too.

ph2 iceburg 172
Mine did this,I jus had to bend the bonnet lug slightly,as it wasn't releasing properly,been fine ever since

ph2 iceburg 172
Oh jus seen urs is stuck,mine never got stuck jus needed 2 people 2 open it,I tried to get Reno to sort it but wudnt do it for free as mine wasn't a recall,hope u get sorted

Clio 172
Use two people, get one to push down on the Renault badge slightly whilst other pulls handle.....see if that works. It's how I have to do mine for now!

renault clio sport
Done it now lads the spring and latch was very stiff and rusty got to keep oiling it regular nightmare lol

mine has the same problem and it is doing my head in i kkep spraying wd40 at it 3 days in a row now and i can not get it open for love or money also how do i find out if mine was a recall or not?

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Has it been replaced on recall? I didn't get mine done until last year after discovering it had slipped through the recall net years ago.

Clio 182
i dont know if mine has been recalled how do i find out?

Just noticed this thread - and feel your pain

I now have thumb sized dents in my bonnet from trying to release mine a number of times - so got fed up and headed to my local Renault dealer (sadly an Arnold Clark) - anywhoo went to service dept, reg typed in, 'sorry sir your car was not included in the recall' - funny that

spoke to a mechanic at a local independent garage who used to be a ren-tech, and he says regardless of model, Renault are required to replace the latch if it rusts/stiffens up and no longer opens - seemingly instructions issued by VOSA? - regardless the chap at Arnold Clark referred me to 'ebay' - v.strange. Will wait to see further comments on this before I make my next move

...is there any VOSA documentation available to produce to the dealers as evidence that they are/aren't required to replace these? - If I find anything in the meantime i'll post it up

EDIT: I have a 04 plate 182 for clarity

renault clio sport
that will be my next move to pop to my local renault dealer on friday and find out if mine was a recall or not does anyone have or can point me in the right direction on how to step by step with pics on how i can open the bonnet if i still have no joy it will be a angle grinder and a new bonnet

Clio 182
that will be my next move to pop to my local renault dealer on friday and find out if mine was a recall or not does anyone have or can point me in the right direction on how to step by step with pics on how i can open the bonnet if i still have no joy it will be a angle grinder and a new bonnet

2 man job, one to push/pull on bonnet, whilst one pulls the lever back and forth