ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Boot carpet/floor

What is the standard arrangement for a 172 Cup boot floor? I know the previous owner had some ICE in the car as there were numerous RCA/power cables, but im not sure I have the original boot carpet. What I have is a piece of thin wood, like MDF, attached to some carpet (matches the trimmings on the side) which barely seems to cover the wheel well (the wooden part I mean, the carpet is a perfect match). Is this some kind of bodge job or was the original covering crap as well?

BMW Z4 3.0i
Soundas like maybe he's stuck the original floor mat to a piece of wood. The original piece of carpet is a shitty thin piece of carpet that isn't securely fixed and doesn't provide decent support to anything of weight. You can see the outline of my spare tyre underneath through mine.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
You have a wheel well in a cup ?

Edit : sorry 172 i was thinking 182 , lol .

Yep, the 172 has a few cans of tyre weld and no spare wheel. I might just get a think piece of MDF and cut this to size. The standard arrangement sounds even more useless than what I have now :approve:

A4 Avant & A3
Mine is standard & it is a thin bit of wood (like stuff) which barely covers the wheel well & thats stuck to the bottom of the boot carpet.
Sounds like yours is the same i.e. totally standard.

Ziel Nurburgring
GazCB said:
Soundas like maybe he's stuck the original floor mat to a piece of wood. The original piece of carpet is a sh*tty thin piece of carpet that isn't securely fixed and doesn't provide decent support to anything of weight. You can see the outline of my spare tyre underneath through mine.

Tell me about it. It seems to have shrunk and lost about 50% of its thickness. Sounds like the thin piece of wood sheeting you have is a good idea.