ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Clubsport

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Once @Badgerman85 has finished with my Rstuner I can code the airbag lights out for you mate. And are you still after the scenic shifter? Sorry I didnt reply to your txt the other week, I had my girls that weekend so wasnt free. I am about for next 2 weekends if you want to stop by.

RS 172
Once @Badgerman85 has finished with my Rstuner I can code the airbag lights out for you mate. And are you still after the scenic shifter? Sorry I didnt reply to your txt the other week, I had my girls that weekend so wasnt free. I am about for next 2 weekends if you want to stop by.

Awesome and yes please.

Will drop you a message. ??

RS 172
It did start well this afternoon, got in on the axel stands and changed the oil... then not so well...

0907732E-F2B7-4243-B0D2-C63F72E0DC2C.jpeg

Went to bleed the brakes and first attempt at the rear... snap

33024782-DD73-4BFD-9B02-16AC71A46132.jpeg

2B121629-FA26-4D39-AF29-F01538BA07AF.jpeg

I thought I’d get away with it, but it leaks. New caliper needed ?

RS 172
As I got fed up with breaking things today I decided to fit some easy items. Not to the taste of all, but I just fancied some stickers on my seats.

605F8A9D-CAEB-4685-A2EF-1411F3005312.jpeg

E05327D7-9968-43C4-9044-8B2A4C74C62F.jpeg

Also some new genuine mats

A614E193-CF8E-4EB4-B7A0-8EBAEB2437CD.jpeg

I do want to make the car lighter etc, but not all the comfort. The AC and bits and bobs that came out weighed in at a total of 19kg, the engine weight was 2.9 of that.

RS 172
Two new rear calipers fitted. I think the car is more or less ready for the ring trip this year. I did want to get a few more bits done, but just ran out of time. I’ll add them to a new list.

416B95C2-579A-4A45-ACB8-E30BDE79FA03.jpeg

63CE7007-A507-47B9-880F-6874E2B51038.jpeg

Also fitted a fire extinguisher that was a nice present.

DA569D6D-8824-42DA-A8E9-FBA8EC8E2409.jpeg

As I’ve also got some OCD’s when it comes to having things clean, I decided to polish all the wheels.

They do look lovely clean.

763D9ABA-4CA0-4DFA-89A0-D7786E7B865C.jpeg

1F0C98B9-1E5F-4DBF-AE63-337A93DCD36C.jpeg

Just need to get the outside clean and ready to go. ??

RS 172
Nurburgring

So after loads of last minute work i left on time to go the the Nurburgring! The trip this year was a mixed bag, starting off with my car breaking down on the way there... It's my own fault really as i bought a Cup AC delete kit and trusted the alternator... Hey ho, will be very careful about buying from the forum again...

The breakdown happened about in Belgium, alternator totally fucked! I stopped on the hard shoulder and the car wouldn't start again, i did however manage to bump it and drove 2km off the motorway to a super helpful autofactors who manged to source me a new alternator that day! Pretty good stuff really. Got it changed in the carpark and i was off. Really late to the ring and i missed the TF season that night. Friday nights season also got cancelled due to the owner wanting to use it or something like that. This took me to Saturday when i manged to get some laps in. Car went well, few more things i'm going to work on, but for now i'm having a little rest...

Few pictures of the car prior, during and after the trip. Car also passed the MOT. Did 1600 miles last year!!

IMG_2789.jpg

IMG_8005.jpg

IMG_8006.JPG

IMG_3102.jpg

IMG_3120.jpg

For now i'm just going drive the car over the summer, I've got a few plans, but just want to enjoy the car.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
So after loads of last minute work i left on time to go the the Nurburgring! The trip this year was a mixed bag, starting off with my car breaking down on the way there... It's my own fault really as i bought a Cup AC delete kit and trusted the alternator... Hey ho, will be very careful about buying from the forum again...

The breakdown happened about in Belgium, alternator totally fucked! .

If it got you to Belgium before dying the 'nator must have been working when sold so just one of those things.

RS 172
If it got you to Belgium before dying the 'nator must have been working when sold so just one of those things.

Potentially, but i did charged the battery overnight before i went... Eitherway, it is one of those things.

Ojc

Clio 220 Trophy, 172
Least you managed to get it sorted, looks so good on track. Thoughts about fitting a Cup spoiler?

RS 172
Least you managed to get it sorted, looks so good on track. Thoughts about fitting a Cup spoiler?

Yes, i'd like that, but not priority. Fair few things to get done first. I'mm going to sit down and make a fresh list soon.

RS 172
No real update, although I've purchased new rear 5mm hub spacers as the 10mm give me the occasional rubbing, which is rather annoying. Going to the RR day October too and wondering if i should change the air box to a fatty design... ? Since the last one i've changed the inlet and removed the AC, so maybe i'll see 1 extra ponny from that! haha

Anyhow, bought a new daily, which thanks to @andy_coops is looking sweet as.

335i - few mods already! :)

CAR2.jpg

CAR1.jpg

Car3.jpeg

RS 172
Popped down to Surrey Rolling Road this morning with the guys, thanks to @TimR26 for organising again. Car posted a fraction over 180, so I’m pretty chuffed. Won’t be making anymore performance modifications now. Will just continue with handling and weight.

Also decided to run the 335i before I start making some small changes.
3FE50009-CDA5-4BC8-89E2-F9821E48F000.jpeg

335i
43AC421F-C231-48AF-B75C-D3D19CCEAF26.jpeg

Next up will be the gear shifter upgrade when I go see @loggyboy

RS 172
It's new year, so i thought i'd start doing a few more upgrades.

Purchased a scenic shifter and yanno 3.o in it, which fit's in nicely with a little adjustment to the gaiter.

IMG_7029.jpeg

Little upgrade on the speakers, i know it's not that important, but i need tunes when driving to track days/nurburgring. So got some Alpines, they are 100% better and don't flap.

I've also purchased a set of Koni adjustable dampers, which will hopefully be fitted soon.

alexandre.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio K4T
Suspect you will need it mate. With mine the throw felt just right. £20 ebay job did the trick.
Yep, Puskas said to use or the gearknob will hit the radio, with the short shifter you will have it stiffer but with the same original throw.

What sizer spacers are you running on the front mate, forgive me if i've missed it! Also, how are you getting that boot net attached at the front of the car?

Absolutely love the look, taking inspiration for mine!

RS 172
What sizer spacers are you running on the front mate, forgive me if i've missed it! Also, how are you getting that boot net attached at the front of the car?

Absolutely love the look, taking inspiration for mine!

16mm on the front and the rears are now 5mm

RS 172
Decided to go with a small damper upgrade. Purchased some second hand Koninadjustables from a forum member, they were ok, but thought I’d get them strip down and re painted.

2FCF1DCC-C815-4008-B54F-43ABFFF84078.jpeg

Condition was ok, but not quite good enough for the car.

D13093A3-11D0-4B20-B8BA-38BBFCB5236B.jpeg

Back and stripped

B6D98F80-4E10-435A-BD4B-CF6029BC0AB1.jpeg

Gone with some Fiat Broom Yellow paint.

Hopefully have these painted over the weekend.

RS 172
It was MOT time and i feel a little bad... Car only just covered 700 miles in the last year. It's bad i know, the car really should be used more.

IMG_0932.jpeg

Have manged to give the shocks some paint, one more coat of colour and then 2K lacquer to finish them off.

IMG_0922.jpeg

My aim is to try and make some meets and show's over the summer, if we ever get one. Car needs to be seen now.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I like this, just shows you don’t have to go balls out stripping everything and fitting coilovers to enjoy the car on track.

RS 172
I like this, just shows you don’t have to go balls out stripping everything and fitting coilovers to enjoy the car on track.

Yep, i do think slightly stiffer dampers and potentially an rear ARB will help a little more, but this setup is pretty good. I'm not out to smash lap times etc, although i did time a few 9mins laps of the ring, however chasing times at the ring is a dangerous game to play.

RS 172
I’ve managed to finish the shocks as the weather has been nice an warm. I’ve finished them off with 1k Lacquer, so I’m hoping that will hold out. The final finish isn’t perfect, but I think they’ll be ok.

Next up is some stickers? and then get them fitted.

8DF96B32-84D9-4195-ADC2-DAEF988F2251.jpeg
10BA43DE-C0E0-482B-A975-836DB9C50EB9.jpeg
F4E44028-516F-4FE1-A150-ED45243EEF86.jpeg
0362BD5B-007F-464C-9943-9AD3B7E3DF9E.jpeg

B6FE2EEC-A3A4-4113-ACE9-6FBD8BE7D1EF.jpeg

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Just read this thread from start to finish.

I remember taking my 8k mile old 182 out to the Ring for the first time, a place where it would spend a good deal of its earlier life. Loving your attention to detail and build ethic on this, its really nice to see with some carefully chosen mods that really complement eachother and the car.
Everything looks finished to a really nice standard and your hard work is clear to see in the finished article.

A credit to you sir, looking forward to seeing further progress :)