ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Cup Door Locks

Im looking at a 2003 172 cup, But have noticed that the Drivers side door doesnt have a lock, whereas the passenger side does. Is this something that changed in 2003? because I have seen the same on another 2003 172 cup, yet locks on both sides on a 2002 cup.

I also notice the drivers side doesnt have a 172 cup badge, can these be bought from a dealer?

Thanks

That's something I'd never realized until I read this thread, but thinking about it my 52 plate cup had locks on both driver and passenger doors, my 03 plate just has a lock on the passenger door.

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
It was part of a cost saving measure.

Cup badges are £13 each from Renault and don't listen to Day, the 172 Cup badges are superior ;-) tiny smidge of glue on the '2' as it's prone to falling off.

Good to know that they are available. I want it to be original so will buy the badge :D

Do you have to buy the '172' and the 'cup' separately? Or do they come as one? My stealer will make it difficult either way :D