ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Cup fun bits

172Cup & 1987 BMW 635CSi
Hi guys - I'm brand new to the forum.

Got a '53 registered Clio 172 Cup.

I've been in touch with KTEC Racing, and they have supplied me with a lovely new stainless exhaust with a stealth tailpipe (sounds yummy), and an uprated 4-pot brake kit. So the car sounds nice, and stops marvellously. A K&N induction kit (Gen II) is going on this evening, so should sound even better.

What I am wondering is, bearing in mind I want the car to look completely original, with no stick-on bits, what other performance mods would you recommend?

The Floor is yours, ladies & gentlemen...

Cheers

LordByron

:) :) :) :) :)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Go do some trackdays before messing with the suspension...find out what the standard set-up is really capable of before spunking a wad over some fancy springs/dampers.

While you're there...get some tuition. That'll make you a much faster/better driver than any amount of aftermarket add-ons ever will.

Oh, and err, sell me your Stealth exhaust for £1.00 please?

Welcome to the site :D

172Cup & 1987 BMW 635CSi
Cheers for the ideas guys - Will book on to some track days to see what I can do with the car round a track - have already had some tuition so can drive reasonably well, but you can never stop learning can you?

The stealth exhaust is mine, I tell you, and I shall never let it go...
Seriously though - really didn't want massive dustbin exhaust farting from the back of the car. The stealth one sounds really big and fat and makes a slight improvement over standard performance. coupled with the air filter makes it much smoother/less thrashy, and picks up more quickly.

Look forward to seeing what the car can do when I really start tinkering...

peace out homeys