ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Cup ? Help

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Can anyone letme know if the 172 Cup ever came with Xeons and leather/cloth seats .

Reg GX03 KHG

The Ad has it down as a cup and so does a data check

I thought cups had no Xeons or leather seats ?

Regards

Alan

Make & ModelRenault Clio Renaultsport 172 Cup
VIN Check You have not performed a VIN check yet. <a href="https://www.mycarcheck.com/vin/" target="_blank">Click here to perform a free VIN check</a>
Engine Size1998cc
Engine NumberD33522323
First Registered4 Jun 2003
Year Manufactured2003
Former Keepers2
Last Keeper ChangeThe last recorded change of keeper occurred on 3 Jul 2004
Body3 Door Hatchback
ColourSilver
FuelPetrol
Purchase ReceiptTo enable your guarantee please download and complete the purchase receipt:

Vehicle Information

$(KGrHqNHJF!FCR7SuFdhBQ)jsVisNw~~60_12.jpg

$T2eC16JHJGwE9n)ySeWGBQ4JLVt8ww~~60_12.jpg

$T2eC16NHJIkE9qU3jcrJBQ4JKyTHDQ~~60_12.jpg

$(KGrHqFHJEQFC1Y23KpSBQ)js7)ltQ~~60_12.jpg

330i. E30 Touring.
What wheels are on it?

I thought iceberg cups were all 52 plates also?

No cups came with Xenons or leathers as standard.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Thath what i was thinking it has the light washer jets engine cover and all the other bits .

Not to sure why it comes up on the data check as a cup mind .

Alan

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Wrong wheels, wrong interior, wrong headlights, has washer jets and engine cover that the cups didn't have and has aircon

Definitely not a cup!

Some cups did have climate, mine has. But as Fred says 110% the one above is not a cup.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Look at the bottom arms, if they are spaced further out on the subframe, and have the balljoint pointing forward then its a tarted up cup to make it less poverty spec, if it doesnt have then its just the higher grade normal 172 to start with instead.

Would it not be easier to just look behind the ECU and see if their's an ABS block? ;)

I know some had air-con - but combined with the rest of the stuff and the wrong year, it definitely aint a cup

Who the hell retro-fits headlight washer jets? lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Would it not be easier to just look behind the ECU and see if their's an ABS block? ;)

I know some had air-con - but combined with the rest of the stuff and the wrong year, it definitely aint a cup

Who the hell retro-fits headlight washer jets? lol

Yes thats a good point about the ABS!

Fiesta ST Stage 3
No it was justa normal 172 PH 2

Did a deal on it and collected it yesterday .

Everything is working on it to my surprise and it drives very well .

Forgot just how good they are TBH

Alan

Fiesta ST Stage 3
One last thing do the auto head lights come on when the light switch is on the off setting as mine do .

Regards

Alan

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
One last thing do the auto head lights come on when the light switch is on the off setting as mine do .

Regards

Alan

If the auto side of it is turned on then yes, thats the whole point of auto lights, they turn themself on which means you dont have to, if you put the headlight to on they will stay on no matter if its light or dark.

You can turn the auto off if you dont wish it to work, although I cant see why anyone would as it actually works really well on the 1*2 IME

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Ok thanks comming from the CTR all the mod cons are a shock :) .

Just out of intrest how do you turn the auto option off ?

Alan

If the auto side of it is turned on then yes, thats the whole point of auto lights, they turn themself on which means you dont have to, if you put the headlight to on they will stay on no matter if its light or dark.

You can turn the auto off if you dont wish it to work, although I cant see why anyone would as it actually works really well on the 1*2 IME