ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Cup paint no longer avalible !!

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
I called my local Renault (Reading) to order some monidal blue spray paint to touch up my car, and they said that Renault no longer sell Mondial blue spray paint. !!!!!

I asked what i need to to if i want to tocuh up my car and they said take it to a body shop !!!!!!!!!!!

So us cup owners can f off, basically. I logged a complaint with Renault

All cup owners call renault and file complaints:mad:

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
what colour is that metalic 182, is that the same as the cup, but just a different name ? any one got one, whats the paint code

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
alexbleubolt said:
what colour is that metalic 182, is that the same as the cup, but just a different name ? any one got one, whats the paint code

Artcic blue colour code is J41 . The mondial blue on the 172 cups is a very similar colour but is slightly flatter and the code is D43 .

Tbh i wouldn't but it from Renault anyway . Go to a good local paint suppliers and they will knock you up an aerosol for around £7.00

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
mmm, well i like the renault cans cos you get the laquer, so you can build up a thick laquer coat for strength. guess i have no choice now but to get some mixed somewheres. shame for all those other renault people with ID paint, and them trophy owners, how long before they are screwed..

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
the renault peoples called me back confirming that it is no longer avaliable in cans just a crappy touch up pen, great if i want a blob of paint on my car. Thanks, its just that 182 colour looks the same, i might order a can of that artic blue just to check if it is different

182 Cup & Alpina B2.5
Hi
The Metallic Blue 182 is called 'Arctic Blue' colour no 'J41' & order no. '77 11 225 683'. So probably not the same. hope this helps;)

172 Cup (2003)
Odd i should see this today.....I called my local renault dealer earler today as it happens to order a touch up pen for my cup. Should be in on Friday he said.

We shall see.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
gazzrenn said:
Odd i should see this today.....I called my local renault dealer earler today as it happens to order a touch up pen for my cup. Should be in on Friday he said.

We shall see.

yeah they still do the touch up pens, for some lousy reason, they probably got old stock made 4 years ago in their warehouse. check the sell by date when you collect it, if its out of date, take it and use it then return it and say its out of date and has messed up your paint work and make them pay for a respray of your chip, haha, i think i will do that so let me know if they flog you an out of date one, i fancy a new bonnet respray.