ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Cup Rear Brake problems

R14 CUP
Gents,

I have the usual situation with the rear brakes on my cup, i've just fitted new rear braided lines and can't get any fluid to the rear brakes, looks to be the rear compensator seized shut. To me it looks beyond repair tbh, its not good at all.

I'm not too bothered particularly if i have to buy a new compensator to cure the issue really.

What i want to know is, what other options are available to me?

Can i bypass the compensator valve? If i do this, will i get too much bias towards the rear brakes?

Or should i go all out and run the brake pipes internally in the vehicle, and add in an adjustable bias valve (wilwood, tilton, AP etc)?
What would be involved if i was to go ahead and do this?

Or is it as worthwhile just going down to Renault and buying a new compensator.

Any advice/opinion would be massively appreicated.

Regards,
Jamie

172cup
Bias valve like wilwood take a lot of setting up and I think would be only good for the track, not normally worth messing with a good brake set up like the cup unless your just put 4 pots on the front, to much rear and the back will just over take the front most times it just game over