ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 cup

Clio 172 Cup
Hi Guys,

First of all i'm knew to the cliosport world, and the site but reading through what i have on here seems a very friendly site with alot of usefull things to read on.

Quick question, picking up a clio cup a week tomorrow and it has no service history just two stamps at 48k but thats it. Buying it from a garage, it's a 03 plate with 73k on the clock. Now i have booked this into Birchdown on Tuesday the following day to get the cambelt down. I's around 70miles to get to them, will i be ok driving it steady to them? I know it's one of them things, nothing to say it will be ok or won't but has anybody gone past the 73k mark and the cambelt has been ok? Just after abit of advise.

Cheers guys.

Golf GT TDI
yeh should be ok bud. just take it easy.

had my belts done there. nice guys

spoke to a guy with a 2000 x reg phase one that still hadnt had its belts yet its 10 years old ffs! lol

Welcome to the Club, could be a bit of risk with the cambelt as you can never tell what the conditions like without looking at it. How much are you paying for it if you dont mind me asking? Theres quite a few Cups that have been well looked after in the Car For Sale section, and most if not all are owned by enthusiats that care for there cars.

Just a little heads up for you.

Clio 172 Cup
Thanks Nick, i'm paying 2900 for it. Needs a few little things doing hence the price i paid for it and my budget. The last owner has been a girl for the past 15months. Got full 12months m.o.t. Had a good look around it, all under the car is straight no signs of bad jacking, rust. No oil leaks, sounds smooth on start up, drives superb. All that needs doing from my eyes is cambelt and aux belt, little scuff on front bumper (hence the woman driver probably lol) and the airbag light is on with the serv light. Now i know about the wires under the seat so not bothered about that. All vins match up etc..

Thanks

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yeah, just stroke it down, and let them work their magic, couldnt be in safer hands :)