ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 cup

looking at selling my vtr for a clio 172 cup.

can anyone tell me what sort of waiting list there is for a cup, dont mind waiting a month or so but dont wanna have to wait six months for one.

any ideas guys n gals?

i dunno m8, i just dont wanna go along to a garage with the hope of getting one within a month then being told theres a long waiitng list!

You will get one within a month easy. If the Renault garage makes you wait just negotiate a bigger discount with them. You will love it compared to your VTR, in a different universe.

i luv my vtr, but it just aint faster enuff for my liking and they are starting to look a bit out of date comapred to a cup!!

I went into the garage and could have had my new cup on the wednesday but decided to pick it up on the following saturday. I think it al depends on which dealer you go too.The other dealer in Edinburgh only had a v6 no 172s or cups.

Dealer told me there all built and just have to be shipped over from france. Two weeks after being told two months

I had to wait 2 months for mine, I was supposed to get one of the 1st batch in the country.............love it though get one a just keep your right foot burried through 2, 3 and 4th hum fun fun fun!

Cup owners will know what I mean and the sound is awesome!

Abbs ,you should here it with a proper k&N on it and being hammered round oulton park,cant wait till the 15th march off to oulton again:D

Em sounds like you know, I darent though as i dont want to jepordise my warranty, are you getting the mods if they ever come?

Also how much was your k&n?

Abbs172 - you can fit whatever filter you like and they cant invalidate your warranty unless they supply replacement filters for free (which they dont) - thats the law! :)

As for track work potentially invalidating your warranty - I would doubt it, as Renault market the cup at track day enthusiasts, so theyd be a bit hypocritical to dishonor your warranty wouldnt they? :confused:

Had a real nasty scare xomin home from work on Friday - lights up ahead where red with cars 3 up in 3 lanes, accelerated away from lights about 200yds behind, went to brake and what the feck - total wheel lock up, hammered back into first to get traction back, but no good, pulled the handbrake on, still locked up - back of merceded E class approaching real feckin quick - couldnt do nothin had to sit and have a big dump - car came back on line just before I smashed into the bumper and ended up only just touchin the merc - he got out but no damage - ppphhewweeee - never been so reklieved in my life - anyone know any good interior valet companies - its like a hunger strike in my car now......................

Why would putting it back in first get the traction back?

If you lock up you need to take your foot off the brake for a moment and then re-apply.

God r yeah I wouldnt mind how are you finding getting the right amount of cold air in?

Also I was looking at getting a green air filter replacement?

Hahahaha! Yep, Ive been there as well, finding out the limit of no ABS on road! My underwear turned a brownish hue. Great on track, but respect on road!!:D

Quote: Originally posted by CUPSIZE? on 22 February 2003

Had a real nasty scare xomin home from work on Friday - lights up ahead where red with cars 3 up in 3 lanes, accelerated away from lights about 200yds behind, went to brake and what the feck - total wheel lock up, hammered back into first to get traction back, but no good, pulled the handbrake on, still locked up - back of merceded E class approaching real feckin quick - couldnt do nothin had to sit and have a big dump - car came back on line just before I smashed into the bumper and ended up only just touchin the merc - he got out but no damage - ppphhewweeee - never been so reklieved in my life - anyone know any good interior valet companies - its like a hunger strike in my car now......................

Ever heard of cadence braking ? I think you need to go on a driving course. Unless you stalled the engine when you locked up, i doubt the syncromesh would let you get it in first gear.