ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 decat?

clio 172 sport
hi, im new to clio and just got my self a 172, i have decated a few previous cars.

does the 172 benifit from it or will it mess things up?

if people have done it whats the best way?

thanks

172 cup, Impreza P1
Try a search mate, lots of thrads on this topic. Some like, some don't.

IMO it wount make it go an faster but does sound better at full throttle.

Money trap 172 cup
Hello!

I recently decatted mine, and personally I didn't notice too much difference in the performance, just a lot more of a raspy noise (not that I am complaining, because it sounds awesome) .

You also may end up the the engine warning light on, but Im sure that's just because of the lamda sensors "freaking out" because of the unfiltered emissions.

Another thing is that fitting the decat itself is a bit of a pain in the ass! but not impossible :)

RS Cosworth & Clio 172
I had a yozzasport decat on mine along with a single box system, it was just too loud. Sure it sounded great, but on the motorway it was unbearable. Got the standard cat back on now.

Breaking 172 NV676
I had a yozzasport decat on mine along with a single box system, it was just too loud. Sure it sounded great, but on the motorway it was unbearable. Got the standard cat back on now.

Mine is going to be for sale for this reason. After driving back from Belgium and had to put up with 3 days of ear ache I have decided its got to go. I have the race system with a decat. Dont want to lose the decat as i like the raspy noise so going for a stealth with 2 boxes and hopefully the cabin noise will be reduced enough so you are able to hold a conversation.

I did say before that it wasnt that loud, but sitting at a constant 70 for 2 hours has changed my mind and i dont know how i lived with it for so long