ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 electric window problem

Clio 172
I just tried to close the drivers side front electric window on my clio 172 ph.1 and there was a horrible grinding noise.:S The window will no longer go up electrically (i have to lift it by hand) but it will go down on the switch. Has anyone any idea what the problem might be/how easy it is to gain access to the motor etc. Thanks in advance.

Lots of Alfas
Take the door card off and have a look, chances are the plastic thing the window sits on has cracked or snapped.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
As above, its the window regulator, mine both went within a month of each other.

www.eurocarparts.com , £83 each or £184 from Renault.

20-25 minute job, only difficulty is pulling the f**king door card away from that black glue resin

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Think theres more than that mate, you will have to take the speaker off aswell to allow you to pull the door card off, be carefull as to not rip the plastic back if theres still a screw in, thatll cause you no end of grief!