ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO 172 FIRE (THE END)!!

Hi guys and girls,

Had a phone call from Renault this morning informing me that they were taking liability for the claim!

They are repairing my drive, replacing my no claims bonus back to where it was and sorting me out with a new car!

RESULT!

Thanks everyone.

Just shows you the power of Cliosport!!!!. I have had so many e-mails and PMs from you guys that I just cant thank you enough. People have written to Renault and generally given them a hard time.

Anyway I may not be a Clio man soon :(

I have asked for a Megane 225 from Renault because I have a little one arriving in 4 weeks and have to fit the pram in!!!

dk

911 GTS Cab

will they make you pay the extra?

Well done btw, good work, just shows what you can do if you keep at it!

Their words to me were:

"Find the car you want and we will sort it from there"

They are giving me £10K for the Clio and then the fleet discount on the new car (-30%). We can then start talking figures because I have expenses for taking time off work (£1500), phone bill (£150), etc etc so we should reach a reasonable figure. Plus they said they were doing a discount as a good will gesture to restore my confidence in the Renault brand

Mondeo STTDCI

Man thats worth the pain of carrying on a claim! Congratulations. I think this shows just how powerful online communities can be, and all members benefit from it.

We need to get out there promoting the club!

:D

There you go mark ! We Won !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cliosport.net to the rescue

so happy for you and your misses.

dont forget to post pics of the new arrival (and the car !)

pete

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

Welll done getting a positive result.

Keep us upo date with any further progression.............

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

nice one! good for you!

did you find out what the fault was? It must have been pretty conclusive for them to admit it was down to them.

we can all sleep easy then!!

That is fantastic news on both the decision made by Renault and the fact that you should be getting a very nice new Megane RS 225, good work !

A nice end to a very unfortunate event but at least nobody was hurt and they are restoring everything back to normal before this happened.

Would be good to see some photos of your new car when you get it too !

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

Thats Brill news Moose :D

I need more details hun, can you Pm me PLEASE... Can you let me know who the forensic guy was, who looked at the car was... Id really appreciate it

Hippy

V6 is off the menu unfortunately as I have to fit a pram in the back shortly!!!!!!

They have just come back with an offer on the 225. It would have meant me putting a few grand into the pot so I have asked them to look at it again because http://www.buymynewcar.co.ukwww.buymynewcar.co.uk are selling UK 225s at £16K, which is £4K less than list price, and it is a full UK car!! If these guys can sell it at £16K then Renault should be able to do much better than that!

It looks like they will have to order the 225 in as they dont have the colour I want so it will be 6-8 weeks away. As soon as I get pics I will whack them straight up on here!

Went to look at a black one last night and it looks like an awesome machine. Tyres, rims, and calipers are something to behold!!!

Clio 197

Dont go for the Megane! UGH! I have two wee ones and the Willy and the Ragnotti were adequate for them and the bird as well. Just dont get a ridiculous pram and youll be set.

It is a long, slippery slope when you start upsizing. Next thing you know youll be driving a bus!

[Edited by Eddd on 17 June 2004 at 9:51pm]

mark, any update on the replacement ? any further news ?

just for reference : we wrote twice to renault and guess what ? no reply !!!!

pete

Hi Pete,

Yer 225 is ordered and on the way to me in Inferno (seemed quite appropriate). It will be arriving brand new about the middle of September so cant wait!

I think the 10 weeks will pass very quickly due to this little thing below arriving on Tuesday morning

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1089576126__mor1.jpg

The little bugger will not sleep at night and the only way I have found to do it is drive him around! We have called him Morgan and the golf clubs and train set are are already on order for him.

congrats on the new arrival m8, i bet he has taken away all the grief off dealing with renault, hope u and your missus r both very happy with your new family member

beautiful babs mark, we all wish you many sleepless nights !!!! only joking mate - best thing that will ever happen to you.

you will get many sleepless nights to start - every three hours he will want feeding but the good news is that they do settle down.

weve been told the first 20 years are the worst !!!!! (joke)

great news on the car and you must be so proud of morgan.

things always work out in the end !

congrat to you and your partner mark. what a great outcome for you both.

pete

Yer the little bugger will not sleep at the minute but everyone keeps telling us that it will settle down. (my fingers are crossed)