ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172, lumpy idle speed

i have mk2 clio 172, when the car is idling on tickover, it is very lumpy and not as smooth as i thought it should be, about 6-700rpm, ive not had it long and its been like it since i bought it, i looked at 4 cars before bying this one and they all seemed to tick over quite lumpy, does it need a tune up, if so what is best, or the spark plugs cleaning etc, any advice , cheers

Megane225FF
They all run "lumpy", but you can improve things by putting posh fuel in - it works sometimes...

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
not just 172 Mk2's

All F4R engines do this. Due to fueling restrictions to meet emissions and the fact the VVT system isn't the most sofisticated.

High octane fuel (optimax, bp ultimate etc) never seems to help my idle. it still shakes the car in traffic...to be honest i quite like it. lol

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
Does anyone get a splutter from the exhaust, like every second or so? Mine seems to do this all the time when warm.