ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Mk2 Alarm Prob (again)

clio 172 mk2
I've already PM'd BrianR who seems to be most knowledgable in all things mk2 172 alarm orientated, but this is quite urgent, so does anyone else have any ideas?

I went to unlock my car as normal this morning with the remote blipper. Strangely, the car failed to respond initially (obviously it normally unlocks and the indicators flash once to confirm it's unlocked). This time however, nothing. I put the key in the driver's door lock and unlocked the door, and the alarm went off. I closed the door, locked up and tried again. Pressing the remote fob made some sort of clicking noise in the car, but not the loud click of the c.locking deactivating. Agan no indicacator flash etc. I again opened the door and again the alarm went off!!! I went through this process about 10 times, each with the same result. I've tried to sit in the car to de-activate the sensors, but obviously the alarm is activating and it wont let me override it.

In the end I had to leave my car at work and get a lift home!! Im back at work 10pm tonight and am going to take my spare key, im hoping (perhaps in vain) that this will sort it!!

Yesterday I also washed my car which may be a contributory factor in all this?

There is another problem: a few days ago the bonnet catch stopped workng: its booked into get this sorted on Thursday, but until then I cant open the bonnet, further complicating the issue!!

Any ideas on a way forward?

182, Golf
This has happened to me this morning and I cant get to work.

Was was the result as both my keys dont work!