ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 only managing 200 miles to a tank

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
As above.

I foolishly recommended my friend to buy one and now he's moaning like f**k because he can't get more than 200 miles out of a full tank.

It has a decat but it STINKS of fuel at the rear. Car drives perfect though. I just took it round the block and can't fault it.

I have a million Clio bits down the garage so what should I look at swapping for him? s**t, I'll take it off my own car if it shuts him up! Lol

Any help appreciated.

(I'm on tapawank so my search typically came up with nothing)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
should have sold him a 1.6 mk1 focus lol
I got it cheap, I have lots of spares and a good Renault mechanic.
My thoughts were that it would give him a bit of cheap semi cheap motoring.

At £50 per 200 miles, it's not quite worked out how I planned!

53 Clio's & counting
LOL you're not kidding there mate!

My Golf estate does around 600 miles on £50 lol

On topic, we all know a 172 should easily get mid 30's, so definitely something a miss

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Aye mine has dropped a few mpg and will kill you if you're sat in traffic with the wind behind you, gonna change the pre(de)cat lambda too, probably due anyway. At least I have the 182 manifold so can access it without the help of dexterous 8 year old.