ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 ph 2

hi all i'm new and thinking about getting a ph2 clio 172! at the moment i drive a seat ibiza cupra 20vt i've been offered a mint 172 its a 2002 model in that nice red they do with 70k on the clock its an absolute minter mot til feb tax til sept 08. the only prob is that the person selling it hasnt got any service history with it as the current owner lost it when he moved house. What do you all think i should do? he wants to do a swap with me

I want to get a new car

a 172 or a cupra

Got any details on your cupra and are you serious about selling?

Thanks. Nathan

RB 200 Cup!
buy a 172 - ive had mine a month and absolutely love it.

no service history - hmm is it me or does "i lost it when i moved" sound all too familiar?

sport 172 mk2
Recommend 172, I have silver 02 with 52k on clock, great car. Others will certainly tell you to check that it has had its cambelt and aux belt replaced, at 70k its well over due. Other than that I would listen to your instinct, any doubts, walk away, you'll always pick one up with that important (in my opinion) history.

hi all thanks for the replys. Mines a x plate and the reason we want to sell is that the miles are racking up and want to sell it whilst its still worth something here it is
000_0090.jpg

its got mot til feb and tax til jan, stage 1 remap and a forge dump valve

i'v checked it all over and the belts look very new on it and looking at the whole car in general it looks like its been very well looked after

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
just a note to say that some people have found it hard comming from turbo cars to 1#2's.

you have to drive rev happy as the low down grunt wont be as good as the cupra.

BG 182
Getting on a bit.. A couple more thousand miles and it will just de-preciate in value quite rightly as you said..

The cars are worth nearly the same amount of money.

But the clio may may be worth a bit more due to mileage

the only problem i would have is that the clio has no service history.. and it may be repaired etc...

Run some checks through the RAC. An HPI check is only £5.00 on there now

If you're in the 'trade' you should know what to do

I would personally swap it as yours has done alot of miles and will be very hard to sell.

Get the clio buy a logbook and get a service on it

Sorted !