ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 PH1 Electrical Fault

Ph1 Clio Sport
Hello!
I have a Clio 172 w reg.
I have a few electrical gremlins I'm hoping this lovely community can shed some light on.

The oil pressure light is on as is the stop light. I've changed the oil pressure switch and it has oil & oil pressure! The battery light also joins in intermittently. The one touch electric Windows also don't work.

But when I switch on the AC, the faults disappear and all the lights go off and the Windows work as they should!!

Plugged the car into a snap on ethos and got these codes
20 - ECU Power supply problem open circuit or short to plus.
97- circuit actuator relay.

I've checked for dead fuses, I've swapped all interchangeable relays about and cleaned engine to body earth points as well as rear light earth points!!

Just wondered if anyone could shed some light on my issue!
Cheers

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
To me that sounds like there are some broken wires in various places. Check for voltage drop and continuity in the wires which are in each of the circuits for those items. Circuit actuator relay doesn't really mean anything other than perhaps there is an issue with one of the many relays.

Ph1 Clio Sport
Had a multimeter out at the weekend and split the loom, couldn't find any corrosion to the loom and all wiring had continuity, as far as I could get to to test anyway Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something simple!