ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 PH1 fuel pump not priming

Golf GTi
Hi all. I have a 2000 172 PH1 which died on the bomb hole at Snetty. We lost power and the engine spluttered and cut out and we couldn't restart.

When trying to start the car, it cranks but doesn't start. we cant hear the fuel pump priming.

I have tried a new pump assembly and also replaced the black relay in the engine bay fuse box and its still not priming.

Any ideas what this could be?

Thanks,
Chris

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Ph1s have the red switch in the bay don't they that cuts the fuel pump? Try resetting that.

P.s it's been years and years since I've had a ph1 so could be making it all up.

Golf GTi
Update. The pump wiring is showing power but no signal. The relays have all been changed and we can hear them clicking.

I was thinking immobiliser but the light is going out on the dash signalling its found the key.

Any ideas why the pump isnt getting a signal?

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Have you checked your earth's? I'm sure but could be wrong that they are a negative switch