ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 ph1 Possible driveshaft gone? Vibrations? Help! :(

172 ph 1
Hi,
When accelerating and going up an incline the car seems to "lose drive" to the wheels particular in first and now second. This has got progressively worst over the last 2 months to the point now where even light pulling off from a standstill on the flat causes massive vibrations in the car. Today it's come to the point where i can't drive the car due to the massive shuddering that occurs even at low speed. Funny thing is it' just passed its MOT, no minors.

The car clicks when on full lock and i jacked it up this afternoon to have a look underneath and noticed one of the front shocks was definitely easier to pull the wheel up, if that makes sense.

Any thoughts?

Driveshaft, suspension, clutch?

Thanks

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
My drive shaft has been fooked for months and all I've noticed is it clicks loudly when turning. I don't think it's the driveshaft that's causing the problem

At first i'd think engine mounts on the vibration side of things but you say you lose power, could be the drive shaft has worn off the teeth but that's unlikely so im at a loss

172 ph 1
Cheers guys, looks likely to be the exhaust has come clean off. which would explain why it has become progressively worse. Getting this fixed and replacing the exhaust mounts atm. Will then look into the suspension and top mounts.