ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 ph2 2001 fuel filter service interval

Clio sport 172
As above, please note I have read most threads regarding replacing fuel filter, I'm just paranoid.
My car is a 51 plate currently at 105k miles and I'm looking to have it fully serviced.
In my service book for the car it does say that fuel filter needs changed every 72000 miles, can someone tell me where the other bit of information came from, that it lasts up to 150k miles?
Given the age of the car and mileage, I thought I'll change all 3 filters, but I don't want the garage telling me stories, so, what's the right thing to do?

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Just change them? If your paying for them to be serviced then they should be changed if you ask, regardless if they are/are not due.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
150k is the interval for the filter which is inside the fuel tank (all ph2's), believe only early ph1's had a "standard" fuel filter from what I've read, perhaps that's where the 72k interval comes from?
From some quick reading though, it seems some (maybe all) non-UK ph2 cars had external fuel filters also.

Clio sport 172
150k is the interval for the filter which is inside the fuel tank (all ph2's), believe only early ph1's had a "standard" fuel filter from what I've read, perhaps that's where the 72k interval comes from?
From some quick reading though, it seems some (maybe all) non-UK ph2 cars had external fuel filters also.
I was just trying to find an official source for this, unfortunately in my service book/ original user manual it doesn't even say where it is located 😂
Just change them? If your paying for them to be serviced then they should be changed if you ask, regardless if they are/are not due
I don't want the garage telling me they can't do it / charge me £500 if changing fuel filter alone costs 300 from what I've read here 😑

Clio sport 172
Have you got a picture of this? Never seen this before.
Here you go, so it's actually 36k miles not 72 🤨 this book defo came with the car, chassis number in it is the same 😂

Attachments

• IMG_20211010_214511.jpg
    IMG_20211010_214511.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
This is the service book that came with my 182 from new and it says fuel filter change is every 144k miles. I also had a 172 from new and that service book also said the same 🤔

Attachments

• IMG_20211010_222609.jpg
    IMG_20211010_222609.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 46

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
You think they issued wrong book for mine? 😂😂 What year was yours made in?
Mines a 55 plate bought in February 2006. My 172 was bought in November 2001.
I don't know if they've issued you the wrong book? But I've never seen or heard of the fuel filter change interval being 72 or 36k miles 😮
All the years of being on Cliosport I've only ever seen it mentioned 150k or thereabouts 🤔
Just had a quick Google which took me back to some old posts a guy called edde who used to come in here and was a fountain of knowledge when it came to all things Clio said 150k also Fred Hopkins said the same.
Maybe your book is for a ph1 172?

Last edited:
  Clio sport 172
Mines a 55 plate bought in February 2006. My 172 was bought in November 2001.
I don't know if they've issued you the wrong book? But I've never seen or heard of the fuel filter change interval being 72 or 36k miles 😮
All the years of being on Cliosport I've only ever seen it mentioned 150k or thereabouts 🤔
So, just like mine, December 2001. I find it hard to believe that it may not have had it changed in nearly 20 years of its existence, but then there are plenty of things that I don't know about cars 😆 I was just looking for some official information rather than forum threads, which are the only bit of info I've found anyway, and service book says something completely different so 🤔

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
So, just like mine, December 2001. I find it hard to believe that it may not have had it changed in nearly 20 years of its existence, but then there are plenty of things that I don't know about cars 😆 I was just looking for some official information rather than forum threads, which are the only bit of info I've found anyway, and service book says something completely different so 🤔
From what I'm led to believe it's part of the sender unit and its a couple of hundred quid to replace.
Why they didn't just have an external filter is beyond me. Probably would have cost a tenner and took 5 mins to change.

Clio sport 172
From what I'm led to believe it's part of the sender unit and its a couple of hundred quid to replace.
Why they didn't just have an external filter is beyond me. Probably would have cost a tenner and took 5 mins to change.
Exactly, I'm about to shop for one and they are a tenner, but if changing it is gonna cost me £500, I'll stick to the 150k change interval 😆 just because it's getting serviced, timing belt and brakes done at the same time 😂

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Exactly, I'm about to shop for one and they are a tenner, but if changing it is gonna cost me £500, I'll stick to the 150k change interval 😆 just because it's getting serviced, timing belt and brakes done at the same time 😂
Ive never heard of anybody having a problem with one yet. If you don't have any issues I'd just leave it.