ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Progress Thread

421 Cammed 172
I don't really have a set goal (ie Track Car, Turbo Engine etc) and so this thread is generally just a tale of my tinkering with the car.

Im not going to extreme's imo, I was just sitting at home and thought it would be an idea for me to document my work somewhere, as much for myself to look back on as others to look at.

So here goes.....

I got the car on 12th November 2008.

I didn't really have any plans for the car as it already came lowered 40mm on Apex springs with a CF K-Tec front splitter and Espace V6 Airbox (Not even hose clipped and air fed by previous owner).

This was the car as it was collected (exc. the CS.Net stickers)

DSCF1241.gif

DSCF1242.jpg

I brought a few things for the car myself, whcih i havent yet fitted, but for christmas my mrs got me a Pioneer HU Which i could plug my Ipod into, thus solving my jumping CD Changer problems. Getting the old headunit out was a wizz, however due to the copious amounts of shrink around the wiring behind the dash getting the new one in was a bit more tedious. However, eventually it gave up the fight and the new one went in.

DSCF1245.gif

As you can also see in that picture, i ran the USB cable to the cigarette lighter socket in the dash. However, i'm thinking of removing the USB extension and fitting an Ipod lead to the rear of the HU and running it into the glove box to keep it out of view.

421 Cammed 172
Due to not needing the CD Changer anymore, i removed it with the idea of mounting and AMP to the Changers bracket under the passenger seat.

However as the amp will also be used to power an upgraded set of rear speakers or 6 x 9s and its quite a large amp, im now considering putting it in the boot as usual. I'll have to see if i can manage to mount the amp under the seat without clearance issues, anyway here is a pic of the bracket, i took it so i'll post it, lol

DSCF1250.jpg

A relative also got me some French Style pressed number plates for christmas, and so i slapped those onto the car the other day.

DSCF1251.jpg

And the rear

DSCF1252.jpg

Ive got a few more bits sitting in the house and in the post, such as:

Pipercross Viper (CAF On Order)
OMP Anthracite strut braces
Sub & Amp
Dub front speakers
Clear side repeaters
Silvertecs & Quad LED bulbs, for side lights, side repeaters and front indicators

After that im planning on getting the Alloys refurbed in gloss black, the rear RS & Clio badges in gloss black (Possibly) Along with Yellow Brake Callipers as there was a thread somewhere here and i thought they looked quite nice.

Ill post up updates as i get them done, not an over-exciting thread, but it'll keep me occupied :rasp:

Thanks