ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 rear inner arches paint bubbling

Thought these were meant to be galvanised? The bubbling and slight paint flake is on both arches in the same place working its way up from the sill. The underseal in the arch seems to have ran and conjealed in globules close to the area where the paint has bubbled. Could this have caused this?

The car is an import as I found out after buying it. Is the corrosion protection the same as on a UK car?

Well I think I am going to sort this asap.

My shopping list to solve this will include:

Wet & dry sandpaper
Rust converter
Anti rust primer
Smooth hammerite
Renault pearl black rattle can

Is there anything else I may need?

phase 1 flamer 172
Wouldn't bother with the hammerite, fine about the garden but I find it pretty useless on the car. por 15 I believe is much better for instance.

Clio 1.2 Billabong
I agree POR 15 is the way to go, its a rust preventative coating that you can buy on the Frost website at http://www.frost.co.uk/automotive-paint/por15-paints.html or on POR's website www.por15.com I have used the metal prep which neutralizes the rust and then their gloss black on top, the black you can spray or brush on and is very good for stopping the rust coming back through, you just have to prime then paint over the top. It stopped the rust coming through on my dads old Triumph TR7 and there's no stopping the rust with them! After trying different products from Hammerite and Mipa etc, POR definitely seems to be best in my opinion.