ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 running problems, misfire, stalling and high idle

2000 Clio sport 172
Ok recently I have purchased a 172 Clio, my first French car
the car ran perfect, though did have a slightly higher than normal idle, aprox 1400rpm, a month went by and this raised to 2-2.5k!
Now another fault has developed, when your driving, the car cuts it's self out, (bringing on the shift light, stop sign and coolant warning light) it also then go's itself again, now this fault doesn't happen once or twice in a 1 mile trip, but it happens about 50 times!
i have had it plugged onto a diagnostic machine which tells me injector no3 is shorted to earth, as is the knock sensor, I have checked the impedance of all 4 injectors and all are 16.5, including no 3, have also checked the injector wiring and all wires are giving the same readout also!

Has anyone had any similar problems like this? And if so what was the diagnosis? From working on other cars I wouldn't expect the injector to cut the car out even if faulty, but I fact it would run off a cylinder, which it doesn't even do! Also the knock sensor has only cut out certain cars not all! Anyone any wiring diagrams, ecu pin outs etc that I can use to check thoroughly?