ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 SERV light on dash

Titanium ph1 turbo

Ive got a clio cup, and noticed yesterday the SERV light on my dash illuminated whilst I was driving and stays on. Ive done 5350 miles in the car, is it telling me im due a service with renault ? or is it something else. The manual only says I should visit a renault dealer in the near future if this light comes on, but doesnt say why ?!?

No the SERv light come on when something needs fixing at a Renault dealership.

It could be anything with a Clio take it to a delership and they will disconnect the light. They cannot fix problems so disconncting the light is how they most liky fix all problems.

I dont think that the service indicator comes on when the car is due for a service.

EDD

No i didnt mean it sarcastically! Came across wrong. It is always best to take it there just to make sure. Probably nothing tho!

mate - the serv light should come on and ANOTHER light should come on at the same time to identify what the problem is.

if its the airbag one then you have a very very common problem - that the airbag sensor under the passenger seat is a little loose. get the dealer to fix it up if its this.

if its something else - get them to fix itanyway.

lmfao at edde!!!!!! great theory mate!!!!!

normally a glitch on the ecu ive had this happen and they just cleared the fault memory on it, if the airbag was at fault the airbag light would stay on, this is common too and you can clear it by disconnecting the pretentioner loom plug under the seat then reconnecting it, when the ignition is turned back on the light will normally extinguish

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by chris79 on 13 September 2003

Ive got a clio cup, and noticed yesterday the SERV light on my dash illuminated whilst I was driving and stays on. Ive done 5350 miles in the car, is it telling me im due a service with renault ? or is it something else. The manual only says I should visit a renault dealer in the near future if this light comes on, but doesnt say why ?!?
Mine comes on sometimes after I have moved the front passenger seat. If you wiggle the wires underneath, or slide the seat a wee bit, the lights will go out. I think the correct thing to do is to take the car into the dealer for them to fasten the loose wires securely.

Elise/VX220/R26

check your oil level m8. It happened with my 172 (although it did say oil low on the computer) apparently they can use oil during running in and yours is a similar milage to mine.