ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Service Intervals!

Malaman172

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172
Just out of interest how often do you peeps on here do or get a service done on a rs clio! Is once every two years or 12000 mls too long?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
12,000 miles/2 years, whichever comes sooner is what Renault say, but I'd do it at least once a year.

Clio 172
Renault recommend 2 years 12k? Really?! That seems far too few and far between IMO. 1 year 8k is my default service setting for every car I have owned!
Jack

Inferno 182 & Saxo
ive always read on here 6k is the absolute maximum you should be leaving the oil in. I'd do that on pretty much any car too, its generally black as feck by then

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
6k? f**k changing the oil 3 times a year for me. Every car I've had/will own will get serviced as per the manual, my Leon's on 15k, nothing's been done to it yet either.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
for such an easy and cheap job its worth doing it early. I do my 182 and saxo every 4k if not less than that and the oil stays very clean for a long amount of time, compared to my missus tigra that when I changed the oil on its straight away darkbrown/black again in 200 miles but I intend to sort that by running giving it another change within 500 miles to get all the crud out of it

Listerine & Poledo
I was doing 12k / 2yr services on my 172, and it didn't spontaneously explode at any point.

But, seemingly, CS "best practice" would be to change oil and filters every time you fill up. WTAF!?!

FFS, it's a Clio! It's not an EB110 or actual race car.

Use good quality (fully synth) oil and you'll be fine.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
How often do you actually hear of an engine wearing out anyway. It's usually a belt/pulley failing.