ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 shocks????

clio (sleeper)
well i bought a set of standard shocks for the conversion and on the top rubber one says 1.4 and the other says 1.6
i know this isnt anything to do with the engine size but is it a measurement or something?should they be the same numbers if their a pair?because im having trouble with the drivers side wheel sticking out more than the passenger side!
any help appreciated!

www.renparts.co.uk
well the shocker isn't going to change how its sticking out... the controls with where the wheel sits would be the lower arm or the subframe...

clio (sleeper)
it does controll if the top sticks out though because with the 1.2 shocks on the wheel was almost diagonal!.lol
i dont know what the hell is causing it!ive tried everything!could it be the engine needs moving over a few mm and the shaft is pushing it out?

clio (sleeper)
well i dunno it might be!the passenger wheel sits under the arch but the drivers side is nearlly out of the arch!it looks asif the whole wheel is but it might just be the top

clio (sleeper)
could it be the engine needs to go slightly over?its doing my head in because i had the tracking done and its stil totally out becasue of this and i cant have it done again untill i sort this problem

clio (sleeper)
yep ive double checked!its strange.ive ordered new antiroll bar bushes so thursday im changing the wishbones and antiroll bar and see if that does the job!if not then i give up!

clio (sleeper)
took my car to ats today to have the tracking done.they put it on a ramp for me and had a look to see if they could see what was wrong.the guy measured the distance between the top nut on the bottom of the strut each side and theres a difference of about 4-5mm so this could be the prob!il have to get a set of new shocks and see what happens!