ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 spec

Renault Laguna Coupe

Im still waiting for the doughnut machine and Laura Ashley curtains that my dealer originally promised were standard items. I understand that the Cup is fitted with a lightweight candy-floss maker.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Yeah but thats well expensive

like the matching caravan tho well street

VW Potato

please, what is the speed limiter for? is it a function separate from the cruise control (doesnt that limit your speed to the speed you set anyway?)

g

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

No it has the ability to limit your speed with the cruise off

While we are on this subject

Please Explain

Renault For You from £201inc vat
Mp3 Player £315.00!! (what exactly is this? make, model)
Sports Body Kit £675inc vat (pictures?)

Well cruise control allows you to alter the speed as soon as you touch the pedal, i presume the limiter doesnt allow you to use the loud pedal.

-Rob

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by tomclio1.2 on 04 July 2003

No it has the ability to limit your speed with the cruise off

While we are on this subject

Please Explain

Renault For You from £201inc vat
Mp3 Player £315.00!! (what exactly is this? make, model)
Sports Body Kit £675inc vat (pictures?)

MP3 Player is a Sony. £200ish from anywhere else.

http://www.renault.co.uk/cmc_upload/Sony_player01.gif

Features:
4 x 52W
MP3/CD Player
RDS/EON Function
ABC Tuner
CD Text

VW Potato

that speed limiter sounds useful, actually, given the proliferation of speed cameras etc. Although it also seems paradoxical that the speedy C172 should have one. Sign of the times we live in, I guess.

g

Jeremy, can we get the cruise control fitted? I was waiting for this for ages, but then canned it.... thank god, I couldnt have waited 14 months

I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago and have a september delivery date, the salesman didnt mention cruise control but will it come with it as standard?

2012 WRX Waggon

LOL - Dont rely on the salesmen to know anything!

They didnt even know the 03 model has the multiplay CD dropped when I ordered mine in December, and when I asked if it came with ESP, they said no. It was only when I was fitting my mat that I noticed the ESP switch!

Hopeless!!!!!!!

Elise/VX220/R26

Cruise control will maintain you at whatever speed you set it at, so if you set it to 70 and have to brake the car will go back up to 70 without you pressing the go pedal.

I assume a speed limiter just stops you going above whatever speed you set it at (In case you cant co ordinate your eyes and right foot)

The Sony MP-70 is cheaper anywhere else, but Reon fit it for you, and the keep the stalk controls and the remote screen, so ull have 2 screens! £315 is quite a good price, but ive just had a HU fitted
[/QUOTE]

Went to my local reno dealer to enquire if my 172 will come with the "new spec" ie cruise control and they knew nothing about the new spec. Quality dealer network as usual. :cry:

Quote: Originally posted by JJ172 on 08 September 2003

Ive noticed that on 03 cars the drivers door is now de-locked! Nice!

Not when you walk round the other side and see the lock on the passengers side! Im sure they will soon not have the time to put the steering wheel on the correct side of the car.