ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Steering wheel options?

Seems that the thumb grips on the steering wheels is a common fault on these and mine is shot so whats the options for repairing or replacing them and if I change the steering wheel how hard is it with the airbag?

clio diesel
I am still waiting for someone to challenge Renault legally on this.

There should be a recall on this and replacements made. This is a definite health and safety issue imo. Especially as it could be argued that the action of the car could be influenced by the melting. Some of the wheels are appalling.

In addition, anything sold in the UK should be 'fit for purpose' and these steering wheels were not. It is a clear breach of the trade descriptions act 1968. If they have to recall the bonnet catches, imo this is just as bad.

You cant just make stuff out of cheese and claim it is a mechanical device.

172 Ph2
I keep looking at purchasing a non melted but isn't the likelyhood of it happening to a currently smooth one always a possibility, so what would be the point.

Anyone know of a decent re-trimmer, especially one based in Norfolk. Asked a few places but no luck so far.

172 Cup
I am still waiting for someone to challenge Renault legally on this.

There should be a recall on this and replacements made. This is a definite health and safety issue imo. Especially as it could be argued that the action of the car could be influenced by the melting. Some of the wheels are appalling.

In addition, anything sold in the UK should be 'fit for purpose' and these steering wheels were not. It is a clear breach of the trade descriptions act 1968. If they have to recall the bonnet catches, imo this is just as bad.

You cant just make stuff out of cheese and claim it is a mechanical device.

172/182's are cracking on 7-13 years old now.. That's reasonable enough time for them to last including wear and tear, imo.

Lad on here does retrims , they arent cheap at around £100 + but his quality of work is awesome and worth every penny

His name is snappy, just search his name and you will get a few photos

I highly doubt Renault will not recall that after all this time , the bonnet issue could kill you, a sudden freak thumb grip tear i doubt will !