ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 tuning help

clio 172
Hi everyone im looking to try and get a bit more power out of my baby have anyone got some suggestions ive phoned longlife for a de cat and they have said if a put a de cat on the engine wont run right because the sensor is at the back of the cat is this right have any had that problem:dapprove:.oh yes forgot to mention ive got a induction kit on her any help would be great :)

ITB'd MK1
talking b****cks. the lambda they're talking about is a secondary that ONLY tells you when the cat isn't working. You'll most likely get a light come on, nothing else

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Matched inlets, change that induction kit for a panel filter, exhaust if you want some noise and finally a remap.

You wont get masses of power though, will produce more mid range as opposed to peak power being dramatically increased. Should make the car easier to drive and will chase the red line a bit quicker

Clio 182
Matched inlets, RStuner, exhaust with de-cat and induction kit (possibly)... should get some good results with these

clio 172
Thanks for that so a inductoin kit is not much good is it i bought the car with this on it and didn't get the old airbox do you think a de cat will make a difference

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Usually unless they a closed induction kits, they get heat soaked sucking in hotair from the engine bay, where as a closed one of a standard air box is getting cooler air from out side.

There is plenty you can do but you will not see big gains unless you spend alot of money (or know of a nice easy rolling road :D)

Matched inlets are always good but the best money is a custom reamap once you have done all your mods, RStuner kits are ok for standard cars but a custom remap from some where such as RStuning in leeds (.....:D.....) will get the most gains from mods and make the car a lot better to drive.

clio 172
to be honest im looking for more power from the bottom of the rev range so do you think a air box and panel filter and a de cat will give me this

Clio Sport 2.0 mk2
Usually unless they a closed induction kits, they get heat soaked sucking in hotair from the engine bay, where as a closed one of a standard air box is getting cooler air from out side.

There is plenty you can do but you will not see big gains unless you spend alot of money (or know of a nice easy rolling road :D)

Matched inlets are always good but the best money is a custom reamap once you have done all your mods, RStuner kits are ok for standard cars but a custom remap from some where such as RStuning in leeds (.....:D.....) will get the most gains from mods and make the car a lot better to drive.

Who says RS Tuner is for standard cars? Have you ever logged into their website and check whether they do custom re-mapping based on your car's performance logs?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Who says RS Tuner is for standard cars? Have you ever logged into their website and check whether they do custom re-mapping based on your car's performance logs?

Yes i have a RS tuner on my own car (which is standard.)

Right once agen....with the RStuner for a custom map. you have to do power runs on a public road, problems with this are road gradient temp calculating the weight of your car ect.
You then send these power logs over to holland and the guy looks at them analysis them and sends you a new map, you then do a power run agen, BUT temp changes the weight of your car will be different ect.
You send these back and forth till you get something that is near a decent map. (i like my RStuner 98ron map on my car)

This way of mapping a car is not ideal due to the number or variables ect.

This is why a live custom map is better. Your car is put on the roller and mapped there and then there is less variable and thing can be findled with to produce near perfect curve.

I am no way slagging of the RStuner, but IMO it is NOT the best way of mapping a modified car. the only way is to actually go to a proper tuner such as RStuning and get it done on the rollers.

Fair....?

172 5HED

They do, not from the downloaded .cal files. you send an ecu flash on a usb to them and for fty euro they send one back. IMO wont be as effective as a live map from a rolling road.

****edit**** must type faster lol!