ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 - userbook & strange noise help!

Finally found the cliosport forum! excellent - have some niggling issue with my clio 172 :( would appreciate some help.

1) Where can I get a manual for the clio 172 ? Need to know what some of the lights mean!

2) Anyone had a problem with a humming noise comming out of the front interior light unit (i.e. the one attached to the driver mirror) reallllly annoying.

3) Where can I get interior parts from - the plastic piece which attached the gearstick leather to the car has broken.

4) finally any good servicing / general work garages in the NW area someone could recommend.

Many thanks - will post a pic up soon. In return happy to answer any questions for people looking to buy one a 172

JK

Abarth 595 Trufeo

1) from your Renault dealer - sorry dont know part number or price.
2) never happened to me
3) from your local Renault Dealer part no: 82 00 07 12 82
approx £15. This will replace the whole plastic surround by your gear stick.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/mcshug/184346.jpg

4) again sorry live down South but Im sure some of our Northern members will be able to help you out.

H

anyone know of a company that sells gaiter units for Clio MK2? Searched a few including ebay but cant find one that does the complete unit..

Thanks

JK

jklondon see my thread from yesterday about the buzzing noise....apparently its a bearing thats gone in the aircon fan.

Mine does it. The part if £14 odd from a Renault dealer and it takes "2 mins" to fix if youre good at that sort of thing!

Apologies for bumping an old thread but never replied to the above.

Have only just got round to getting my MK2 172 booked in for two warranty issues.

1) The much maligned Air Con Fan thats buzzing. As per thread.

2) The vibrating noise that comes through beyond the national speed limit. It did it the other day at 70mph. This comes from behind the passenger side dash/glove box area.

I hope to get item 1) fixed with no problems however item 2), from the threads I have read, is probably just something Ill have to put up with!

It was nice to speak to my friendly Renault service centre and be told that theyd "never heard" of the air con fan buzzing....as if I was some idiot just making it up. Anyway Ill update this post with anything that results....