ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 vs Yammaha fazer fzs600

172 Cup
Anyone raced one, my friend wants a little legal race but im reluctant to do it cos ill look like a tw@.

Lotus Elise
lol! what a question! maybe on a set of twisties you will keep up but no way in a straight line

172 Cup
He keeps asking me everyday, keep saying no. but im getting to the point where i just wanna go out and beat him! probably be best not to bother!! his bike isnt in the best condition so dunnno!

106 GTi
He will kill you 0-60, don't know of any UK track sessions open to bikes and cars in the same session.

172, Tiguan
Agreed, in a straight line you might as well not bother. Around a track? Well it depends how commited he is!

Turbos.
Find a decent b road and watch him eat your dust! Never seen a rider have the balls or skills to keep up with a vaguely fast car on the twisties.

SLK 350
I can keep ahead of my mate down a local B road, but towards the end of the road theres a 1/2 mile straight - where predicatably he destroys me. He rides a brand new Kawasaki ZX6-R though :)

172cup/BMW 320 coupe
i can keep up with my mates 400 but not a 600, they just s**t all over me!
round twistys u nite have the advantage cos u can go round faster but as soon as the straights come back he'll leave u!

TDI tyre shreader
LOL you have to be having a laugh, they do 0-60 in 3.6 sec i dont even think you'll have him round a track either to be honest

Street Triple R
lol no way in a million years, I thought my Mitsi evo would be able to put up a small fight against a bike a few years ago....how wrong was i lol, barely saw which way it went!

I finally realised how fast bikes were a couple of years ago, when i got myself a gsxr600.....scary fast!

although i have to say it does depend on the riders skill as its much harder to ride a bike quicly than drive a car quickly

Mk1 V6 Import
lol....bikes eat all cars for lunch...no chance...although my mates 800bhp lancer eats everything and then some. Its gonna be on top gear soon to prove that it can out accelerate an F1 600bhp V8 and then a Focus WRC works rally car and then a Bugatti Veyron....yes you read me correctly....and itrs his wifes shopping car!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
You need a TVR if you want to race bikes and even then you need to be doing around 60mph when the race starts to have a chance

ian

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
not a chance
heres some rough performance figures for my 72bhp sv650
the fazer has about 90bhp
when i have been out on my bike and cars have tried to race me i have left them without even trying
0 – 30 = 1.34 sec
0 – 60 = 3.20 sec
0 – 90 = 6.79 sec
0 – 100 = 8.76 sec

40 – 60 = 3.27 sec
60 – 80 = 3.90 sec

SLK 350
Unless you've tuned your SV650 those times are way out mate!

Suzuki SV650
Performance
Corrected 1/4 mile: 11.87 sec. @ 110.02 mph
0-60 mph: 3.65 sec.
0-100 mph: 9.94 sec.
Top-gear roll-on, 60-80 mph: 4.44 sec.
Fuel mileage (low/high/average): 38/44/41
Cruising range (exc. reserve): 147 miles

Be very surprised if your SV650 booted quicker than a ZX6-R 636 Ninja.

If he can ride the bike properly, he should leave you sitting. However the fazer isnt the best bike for slinging through the bends, but he still shouldnt have any problem.

If you do beat him, then he is a pussy and cant ride a bike properly, and should sell it to someone who can, lol.

Im getting rid of my CUP and getting an R6 instead

Clio Cup/GSXR 600
cliobuyer said:
Find a decent b road and watch him eat your dust! Never seen a rider have the balls or skills to keep up with a vaguely fast car on the twisties.

You aint met me! cat and fiddle road in buxton way a while ago canned a mk1 172 on my zxr 400, round the corners i was only marginally faster but not knee down as there's a eff off drop if you run out of road, and the straights well no question. But i do know the road well the guy was pushing, we had a nice chat at the pub over a coke afterwards. The big difference is there's no room for error on a bike or ya off, you might slide a bit in a car?

I wouldn't say i got the balls just missing the fear factor when it comes to riding a bike! Scuffed knee sliders and shredded tyres on a 400 always make the R1, GSXR1000 riders squirm!

Anyway back on topic no bikes are mega fast around corners compared to a car, especially a sports tourer like a fazer so you peobably would beathim on the twisties, but with around 100hp on tap from the 600 the straights are no contest.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
Ozzo99 those figures were got from sv650.org a while ago i don't know how accurate they are but it gives the rough performance of a 'normal' bike and it's a dam sight faster than most cars.

Mk1 V6 Import
russ_0016 said:
Anyway back on topic no bikes are mega fast around corners compared to a car, especially a sports tourer like a fazer so you peobably would beathim on the twisties, but with around 100hp on tap from the 600 the straights are no contest.

Ermmm....do you ever watch the Moto Grand Prix races or have ever been to a road race like the TT.....tell those guys they can't go around corners very fast and they'll probably not even comment...bikes do everything quicker!

tiTTy & SV650
ZX6-R 636 is by far the fastest in its class, the new Triumph 675 may be quicker, dunno yet. but that extra 36cc makes all the difference, 0-60 especially, it's even quicker than the homologation 600 race bikes to 60, but they skin it over the 1/4mile.

SV650 is nowhere near as quick as a Ninja.

as for racing a 600cc bike in a hot hatch, dont be daft total waste of time.

Take it to the B-roads and give me a 400cc supermoto anyday

BMW 320d SE
Tim Lennox said:
Ermmm....do you ever watch the Moto Grand Prix races or have ever been to a road race like the TT.....tell those guys they can't go around corners very fast and they'll probably not even comment...bikes do everything quicker!
If you're going to start talking about Moto GP, then the car equivalent is F1, and they would kill a Moto GP bike around any circuit. While the bikes may corner pretty quick, they can't ever pull any more than 1G of downforce. Cars have aerodynamics, and tyre grip, on their side, which means they can corner much faster than bikes, and F1 cars can corner with the force of several Gs.

Clio Cup/GSXR 600
Karlos69 said:
If you're going to start talking about Moto GP, then the car equivalent is F1, and they would kill a Moto GP bike around any circuit. While the bikes may corner pretty quick, they can't ever pull any more than 1G of downforce. Cars have aerodynamics, and tyre grip, on their side, which means they can corner much faster than bikes, and F1 cars can corner with the force of several Gs.

That was my point - like for like? get a decent road car im talking a elise (good handelling car anyway) or somethin and round corners it will be faster than a road bike!

I've only had two races with bikes and got wasted on both occasions, they are seriously fast! I recon you'll need an Evo FQ400 / Enzo / McLaren F1 to really compete!