ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 warble/rumble noise

Clio 172
Hi,

There is a warble noise coming the drivers front that corresponds with the wheel rotating. Naturally you would think wheel bearing but this has been replaced, so has the entire driveshaft, brake caliper and discs & pads, yet the noise still persists. It's not the wheel or tyre either as i've swapped the front and rears around and the noise is still in the same place.

A strange note to add however is that when the wheels were swapped over the noise was reduced, yet gradually got worse again over time.

It's been like it for the past 10k+ miles now and i'm completely out of ideas as to what it could possibly be.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

Listerine & Poledo
did it ever get beter afdter you did the bearings?

I replaced a front wheel bearing in my old 172 and 2 weeks later had to have another one fitted again as the new part had almost immediately shat itself

Listerine & Poledo
hmmmmmm.
From what you say you've changed out...what is possibly left on that corner?

The hub itself?

Clio 172
I've read in some places that it could be tracking related. I had this done a while ago and it reduced the noise quite substantially to the point where it was almost inaudible, yet again it gradually got worse over time

Listerine & Poledo
ahhhhh!
well, get yourself in for a quite alignment then, it';d be cheaper than a hub.
If it fixes it, then gets worse, something is loose in your fixings...I guess

Clio 172
Yeah worth a punt I guess, i'm just at the point now where i'm fed up of spending money on it and still being no better off lol