ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 17poo cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
  e91 330d/type r mini
looks good to me mainly cos im sick of seeing blue cups these days

still think the original idea would have look cool as fook too though
you will find it very hard to find one in a different colour mate most are blue and i have only seen a handfull of silver ones.
i didnt like it on the other wheels and the orange looked out of place initially but now its stickered up and had the new wheels its all come together and not somewhere in between as it was before.

It cracks me up everytime Mark says he's sick of seeing blue cups

It's like saying your sick of seeing blue/white/red rallyes - why do people never buy the yellow ones? LMFAO

16v AX
im sick of seeing bloody skylines too cos everyone has one these days or at least in my area/friendship circles i see alot of them

now every bugger i know has a bloody 172 cup lol
oh and i am sick of seeing blue rallyes but mainly cos between ricky and joel they own 95% of the ones thats left lol

172 cupapoop
i was aiming to do a before during and after kind of blog but people were saying the thread was pointless without a pic so i put one up as the car stood @ that time.
tbh i'n not that fussed because for every one person that said they dont like it i've had ten say they love it. and if i'm totally honest i'm not bothered if no one likes it, its only vinyl at the end of the day which can be removed easily not like i've had a big chavy chap style bodykit fitted and blended in etc.

It doesn't matter a fook what other people think anyway - that mentality cracks me up - it's your car

I couldnt give a flying s**t if people like mine or not - I love it :D

clio 172
looks well and i reckon it goes well for a standard cup. definatly couldn't catch it in the black gti..

and that black gti has done a few bit of clio 172 slaying itself.

its a shame the oil temp gayness thingy would lift the limiter for you at york..

the diablo red 106 gti with exaust only ran a 14.6.. is there many more or less standard clio's on here that can do that sort of time??

a clio vs pug/citroen wud b mint..

Clio 172 cup, 106 rallye
Jesus, just read this thread. It's like a 106 owners reunited isn't it. glad its not just me who has made the switch to clio 172 cup. Still have the S1 rallye rally car in pieces lol.
Must say its odd to see fuzzy as a mortal not a mod/owner lol
Steve

Astra SRI/ Hornet
How much bullshit is in this thread. Lol 172's are not faster than 182's for a start, the 172cup might have a edge upto 100 then the 182 makes more than that advantage back 100+. secondly 106 Gti/Vts are not even in the same league as 1*2's, you'd have to spend quite abit to even get them to keep up and carry as much speed through the corners. Yes I've owned a 106gti 172cup now 182cup so can go from experience. My 106 was modded and still wasn't as fast as a 1*2.

MCS R56
How much bulls**t is in this thread. Lol 172's are not faster than 182's for a start, the 172cup might have a edge upto 100 then the 182 makes more than that advantage back 100+. secondly 106 Gti/Vts are not even in the same league as 1*2's, you'd have to spend quite abit to even get them to keep up and carry as much speed through the corners. Yes I've owned a 106gti 172cup now 182cup so can go from experience. My 106 was modded and still wasn't as fast as a 1*2.

You've just offended most of the forum users as its actually a secret 106 forum. Prepare to be died.

Megane 225 F1
How much bulls**t is in this thread. Lol 172's are not faster than 182's for a start, the 172cup might have a edge upto 100 then the 182 makes more than that advantage back 100+. secondly 106 Gti/Vts are not even in the same league as 1*2's, you'd have to spend quite abit to even get them to keep up and carry as much speed through the corners. Yes I've owned a 106gti 172cup now 182cup so can go from experience. My 106 was modded and still wasn't as fast as a 1*2.

IIRC this is now a 106/saxo owners thread. You my friend, just opened a can 'o' worms. Im now going to migrate to a section that the new forum users cant access lol

Saxo VTS and Clio mk2 1.4
ricky and undefined, i was at ppc in the park- in the white saxo with grey wheels in the 1st pic. ricky you said you got me on video going sideways into the hairpin lol have you got that video i think it'd be amusing! also undefined we had a good session you recorded do you have it?

i like the 172 went well on track at mallory :D

LMFAO - you really do want to open a can of worms don't you

Standard for standard a 106gti and 172cup or 172 are about equal
The 172's have a bit more oomf in a straight line but a 106 is quicker on corners

The lad who posted on here has a black stripped out and modded 106 gti - and ricky has a standard 172 cup with gaz coilovers on - around mallory park with them both nailing it it was pretty even

If your 106gti was modded and still not as fast as your 172 then you modded it wrong or had a s**t car - end of.

Megane 225 F1
Im taking a wild stab in the dark here but do people asume just because it has 0.4 less of a litre engine size that it will be slower. But people forget that the 106/saxo are alot lighter than the clio.

Saxo VTS and Clio mk2 1.4
^ agreed. was on track with ricky P and the black 106 at the same time, the 172 was not way faster than my vts or the gti all.

MCS R56
LMFAO - you really do want to open a can of worms don't you

Standard for standard a 106gti and 172cup or 172 are about equal
The 172's have a bit more oomf in a straight line but a 106 is quicker on corners

The lad who posted on here has a black stripped out and modded 106 gti - and ricky has a standard 172 cup with gaz coilovers on - around mallory park with them both nailing it it was pretty even

If your 106gti was modded and still not as fast as your 172 then you modded it wrong or had a s**t car - end of.

It seems everyone's experiences are different. ACTUAL end of, as it's boring as f**k reading who thinks what is faster, quicker on track, lighter, better...

Both good cars and different people will enjoy them for different reasons.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Did that man just say standard against standard a 1*2 and 106gti are equal performance? Lol dude there not even close. I'm not gonna go into it as your obviously mentalily unstable.

No - you're obviously an argumental heavily biased tw*t

Everyone on here who discusses 106 gti VS clio 172 agrees they each have strong and weak points - and on a track they are pretty similar

I went on a clio session at FCS last year in my 106 gti - and was sticking with them all the way round for 30 minutes.
Now I have a 172 cup - and against my old mates in gti's - its fairly similar

As I said - it's quicker on the straights, but understeers more on corners.

Hell if you're that convinced that you piss all over 106's - I've still got some track sessions available on the 106owners session at FCS - why not buy one and have a go ;)

I'm out - arguing with idiots you always get dragged down to their level and then beaten with experience!

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Fotunatly for you my car goes up for sale next week. I'm not biased at all I like 106gtis there just not as fast as 1*2's and standard v standard Clio is faster in the corners. That was the point I was making. Lol I've had die hard 106 fans race me before and I saw 1 again and he had a 172cup. Lol take of that what ya will. Dunno if ya will of heard of a lad called cavey from up my way, he's had alot of Gtis and is probs on a forum.

Fotunatly for you my car goes up for sale next week. I'm not biased at all I like 106gtis there just not as fast as 1*2's and standard v standard Clio is faster in the corners. That was the point I was making. Lol I've had die hard 106 fans race me before and I saw 1 again and he had a 172cup. Lol take of that what ya will. Dunno if ya will of heard of a lad called cavey from up my way, he's had alot of Gtis and is probs on a forum.

Probably the same reason that I had a 100bhp quiksilver for 5 years, then a 106 gti for over a year - and now have a clio cup

106 gti's pre-2000 are quite rusty and expensive to maintain - then 2002/03 plate cars are worth 4-5k

Clios are currently 2 a penny - I picked up my 53 plate for £2500 - rust free and cheap to maintain

Not every purchase decision is made by speed

16v AX
meh all im gonna say is that at fcs 2008/09 my vtr engined 106 quiksilver on gmax suspension kept up with plenty of clios on the track apart from lacking in straight line speed so the differences aint all that massive

and last year in the ax aint gonna be half as much fun as this years going to be hehe

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Probably the same reason that I had a 100bhp quiksilver for 5 years, then a 106 gti for over a year - and now have a clio cup

106 gti's pre-2000 are quite rusty and expensive to maintain - then 2002/03 plate cars are worth 4-5k

Clios are currently 2 a penny - I picked up my 53 plate for £2500 - rust free and cheap to maintain

Not every purchase decision is made by speed

i never claimed it was. the clio is a better car in every respect bar none. so your getting more for ya money ; p.

182 Trophy
Jesus christ who cares, this argument is on the other thread so argue on there.

Any updates on the car ricky? plans titch mentioned sound good and should cause a slight shockwave on cliosport ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.