ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 - 172 Question

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

Hey lads. heres one for you lot.

I got a 182 on order, and I cannot find many parts, like suspension. only for 172? Will this fit? also same for wheel offset and pcd, can i buy wheels for a 172 and they fit on?

Cheers lads!!!

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

yeah? I was just a bit worried, n didnt wanna order owt till i knew. can1 sum else also confirm this?

suspension is different between 172 and 182 springs may fit but shocks/coilovers wont. im changing from a 172 to 182 and wanted to swap my coilovers rang several people and they all told me that the 182 kit is in development and the 172 kit wont fit. remember the wishbones are different as the 182 has longer wheelbase and wider track

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by dogmaul on 01 October 2004

erm its the same car ;)
it may look the same, but people are begining to see that they changed alot.

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

hmmm. more confusion. i might just wait and see. i emailed ktec but no response yet. I am probabally going to go for a full kit, so i dont wanna lump out 600 quid and find out its wrong!

172 and 182 have different front (and probably rear) suspension you may find the rear shocks will fit and possibly front and rear springs but front struts or coilovers wont

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

yeah cheers loony. I will have to phone about. its just its the first mod i wanted to do! 182 looks far to high in my opinion.

tell me about it. mine is on order and im gutted ill have to drive around with 4x4 ride height until H&R finish their coilover kit for 182 :cry:

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

yeah you keep the 4x4 ride height! I am also looking at getting the ktec camber adjusters aswell. Hmm, looks like ill have to get wheels then first! tho im going only 1" bigger so hopefully it wont mess it up to much. :(

will make it look higher with 17s on, id wait til after the suspension tbh. as for camber adjusters dont waste your cash you wont need them