ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182 21mpg today

Hi guys i have had my clio 182 ff for around a month now, i have never seen over 30mpg but today i was a little vexxed to see 21! after about 15 miles of poodling around town in 5th gear im up to 24. Im not expecting an economical car but this does seem a little silly, the vehicle in question has done 38k had all belts done by a reliable company reciept for over £800, newish pirelli p3's and other than that its a standard set up. I originaly thought lambda but it has already had a replacement this year, i have a full service history from renault dealer also. Bit frustrating because i have ideas of subtle mods like exhaust, eibach springs and ktec airfilter but i would rather get the car in good order first. Any advice would be greatfully recieved

Ryan

wish i could buddy, seems like my whole little world is in walking distance! fan of your car by the way, keep up the good work.

330Ci cab
if your driving is stop/start constantly you will probably find it hard to get much more than that tbh, you need to get yourself out on open roads

thanks guys, puts my mind at rest a bit, maybe i should consider myself lucky for not having to use the clio for a long commute

Clio 172
thanks guys, puts my mind at rest a bit, maybe i should consider myself lucky for not having to use the clio for a long commute

I think you have missed the point lol, its not good around town but very good imo on longer journeys .. I can get 40+ MPG quite easily on a run over 20 miles.

Rusty Cup
I dont remember seeing figures like that in the 3 years i owned a 182. I could get as close to makes no difference 50mpg on a motorway infact i remember it doing around 27mpg @100mph. Town driving will always produce lower figures but i still wouldnt expect to see under 30mpg unless your flooring it everywhere. Something seems amiss to me.

Ph 1 172
seems low to me my phase 1 does about 25-27 around town but on motorway sitting at 60mph easily hits 45. maybe reset the read out and see if that changes things.

monaco 172
My day to day journey is 3 miles each way. I've never seen over 30mpg. I thought my lambda was nackered so went out on a run up and down the motorway and got over 40.

Not a 320d
I used to average 29mpg in my 1600cc piece of trash.

Now I average 24.

Weather could be a contributing factor?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Some low figures here.

Very rare i see below 31 and it doesn't exactly get driven slowly.

monaco 172
Mine gets drove like a granny as the engine is not even up to temp by the time I've made it to work.

Oh well I didn't buy it for economy, just seems weird that I see some people claiming they get 35mpg town driving

clio 182 sport
if i reset mine and then boot it about for half hour chasing my mate in his m3 i can get mine down to 18-20mpg, and when i first de-cat mine for 3 days my trip comp on the mpg was lying to me.

i managed to get 38.2 on my last town run but i mean was super eco drive, no heater windows closed ow and probably should point out i have removed unnecessary items ie spare wheel ect 5gear at 30mph
Also i find when u sit at idel in my phase 2 172 the mpg can drop quite fast example i was showing 38mpg but after idel for only 2-3mins it fell to like 36.8

Evo 8 MR
I only ever saw 21mpg on track, lowest I saw on the road was 28mpg. Something must be wrong, my guess is a blowing exhaust if the precat lambda is fairly new.

had a good look over the car today would say there is a few things that may not help, front tyres could do with some more air but i lost the allen keys to loosen off the ally dust caps! will sort over the weekend, also whilst waiting for my mcdonalds im sure i could hear the exhuast slightly blowing from around the mid section, im still on the standard so quite happy about replacing it! thank you for all the advice, regarding me saying about my short commute i meant im lucky i work so close, im sure there are people on here that have to do rediculous mileage.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
How well does it idle? My mpg wasn't great because cam timing was off, improved loads after reset. I get low 20s to and from work( doesn't get warm) but town driving if warm can see 30 to 35 mpg