ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 - Accident Damaged

Ph1 ITB'd 172
Hello,

So I am new in these parts, and have just bought myself a clio 182 thats had a small bump.

Its a full fat 182 with both cup packs, its in the black/gold colour.

Just for reference I have had a few Clios in the past all 1.2's, a Mark 1 golf convertible, 106 GTI, and currently have an Audi S4 B5 (thats going up for sale)

I will keep this thread updated with photos of progress but here are a few from collecting it yesterday...

182002.gif

182001.gif

10.gif

9.gif

8.gif

7.gif

6.gif

5.gif

4.gif

3.gif

2.gif

1.gif

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Doesn't look too bad mate.

Bearing in mind we spent over 2k fixing the front end of nick's car with genuine bits I hope it was cheap.

Ph1 ITB'd 172
Yeah essentially, the lip on the top of the cross member needs bending back but other than that its just panels.

Wing, headlights, front bumper, and bonnet. (If anyone has any of these in black please let me know)

I will do the cambelt, service it and do discs and pads all round too.

On the price I'm a little reluctant to say, what would you say would be a good price? As far as i'm concerned I paid a good price for it, I have done a few Clios before now, usually 1.2's and broke some as well as repaired them.

Ph1 ITB'd 172
Doesn't look too bad mate.

Bearing in mind we spent over 2k fixing the front end of nick's car with genuine bits I hope it was cheap.

I won't be buying parts from Renault... thats for sure!

I will use genuine second hand parts... I'm expecting it to cost in the region of 600-700 to repair.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Fair enough. I would say £1800 to buy it.

It's now registered write off so it's not worth a lot, there was a black one for sale at £3000 not long ago.

172 cup
where did you pick her up from if you dont mind me asking. If you paid around 1k its a good price IMO

Ph1 ITB'd 172
where did you pick her up from if you dont mind me asking. If you paid around 1k its a good price IMO

Its interesting to see what people think, your welcome to your opinion but I think your a fair bit out with your price! The parts like wheels and seats and engine are worth more than that! You would never get one that cheap! Even the cup spoilers go for alot! Its worth over 2 times that in parts!

With the airbag light being on, have the seatbelt pre-tentioners gone off?

Yep, good spot, got one already looking for another, can pick them up on ebay for £10 and I have a guy who can reset the modules for £25, luckly no seat bag damage but my dad repairs seats anyway so wouldn't have been a problem if that had gone (got a few seat bags knocking about too not that they are needed)

Ph1 ITB'd 172
Looks alright that, Think you paid 1625 bid for it?

Nope bit more than that, did you watch it? We're you bidding? and I called you yesterday when I was bringing it home to see if you had any of the bits. If you get any in can you let me know?

Cheers

Pete