ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 - Air Filter/Box Debate

Clio Sport 182
I bought my 182 back in February and it's been fitted with a K&N air filter.

However, my dad is a mechanic and has always told me to put the original Renault air filter/box back in as the performance will be better.

We discussed some other options to get the best performance and BHP, but what would you guys/girls suggest?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
He's right to a degree. Decent panel filter will do the job well. I run the fatty style induction kit, which is like the ktec induction kit, sits behind the passanger headlight. Maybe a slight increase, but the noise is good. Mine was recently mapped with that kit and performed well.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Phone is playing up

4BBD973E-AEE3-4E4E-B82B-62019325083D_zpsl9vztpp0.gif

Clio Trophy
Heatsoak is a problem if it's a open cone, I put my standard box on when I got the car, it had a viper induction kit on it before, with a crappy flat spot

Clio Sport 182
Ok, I've attached a photo so you can see exactly what it all looks like, but what can I do to improve the performance etc.? Induction kit etc. I also want to get the right colour code so I can paint the battery box cover and other parts (if anyone knows the code for Inferno Orange) - thanks :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    349.1 KB · Views: 614

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Ok, I've attached a photo so you can see exactly what it all looks like, but what can I do to improve the performance etc.? Induction kit etc. I also want to get the right colour code so I can paint the battery box cover and other parts (if anyone knows the code for Inferno Orange) - thanks :smile:

Yea, standard airbox is a better setup than that.

You're just sucking in tons of hot air, and loosing power in the process.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Here is where you need to install a cone filter, preferably with a ducting and a heat shield or something to stop it drawing hot air from the engine bay.

DSC_0005.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Ok, I've attached a photo so you can see exactly what it all looks like, but what can I do to improve the performance etc.? Induction kit etc. I also want to get the right colour code so I can paint the battery box cover and other parts (if anyone knows the code for Inferno Orange) - thanks :smile:

Wouldn't have the filter sat there for a start :)

Clio Sport 182
Here is where you need to install a cone filter, preferably with a ducting and a heat shield or something to stop it drawing hot air from the engine bay.

DSC_0005.jpg
Looks wicked! Is it easy to paint? Any recommendations - I'm fairly new to all of this; making the car look ace on the outside and inside :)

RB Clio 182
When I went to efi for my car mapped he said the car performs and acts well with the ktec style type induction kits that sit behind the headlight, he said the ones with the cone just sat on the end of the oem 90 degree bend like yours gives out some really weird readings.

He said the longer the induction hose the better the readings seem to be.