ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 and 172 cup times

I really dont want to open a can of worms:mad:, I just would like to know what the book times of the 0-100mph is of the two above cars.

Thx

Cheers for that although the car specs on cliosport.net doesnt show the 0-100 it shows the 0-60s etc. Prob wont notice the difference on the track, its all gonna be about driver skill.

MINI JCW

Autocar clocked the 182 at 17 secs to 100 and the 172 cup at 16.9

By the way why is the 182 0-60 slower than the 172 (not cup) accoridng to the car specs

[Edited by gazcaddy on 18 October 2004 at 6:38pm]

gearing is different on the 182 isnt it?

and sorry to point out the obvious, it has another 10BHP ;-)

/y0z

[Edited by y0z2a on 10/18/2004 8:01:13 PM]

Quote: Originally posted by RobHardyUK on 18 October 2004

evo say the 182s quicker to 60. by 0.2 secs. autocar say the 182 hits 60 in 6.3, ill stick to that ;)
evo say 6.6 for the 182 and 6.5 for the cup

autocar say 6.3 for the 182 and 6.5 for the cup

Either way theres nowt betwixt teh pair

VaVa

Theres fook all between any of the Renaultsport Clios. More dependent on whether or not you have a good one than which model it is (MK1+2 172, Cup, 182, 182 Cup). My mates Cup doesnt pull an inch on my Mk2 172. Never tried it from standing start though. Struggle in the bends, but thats more down to driver than anything else:oops:.

Having said that, I was in my local Renault Stealers today, and the salesman was telling me that the 182 I was looking at was "way faster than your 172, because it has loads more torque" and that the 172 Cup "would run rings around the 182". I tried not to laugh!!

[Edited by lagerlout1 on 18 October 2004 at 10:21pm]

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 18 October 2004

182 is way faster than your 172, I have a 182 at a good price sir?;)
lol... spot on. Theyre so transparent. It really gets their back up once they realise that you know more about the the car than they do. Once the harsh reality hits them that they cant fob you off with the usual bullsh*t, they run out of things to say!! I f**king hate salesmen!!

Theres nothing quite as satisfying as letting the salesman know that you have done your homework. When I went out in the RB5 I ended up buying the guy started to tell me about it being limited edition, I then went on to tell him precisely how many they had made - he had to move on to something else lol ;)

golf

Bosscup i got told the same when i bought my WRX bugeye with PPP! What a load of bollocs!!!!. Good to see another scoobie driver with a RS model!

Cheers