ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 - Auto wipers don't work, only intermittent?

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Hi,

Had my 182 a week or two now, and the auto lights have been working fine, but just discovered the auto wipers dont? In the 'auto' position they only wipe intermittently every 5 seconds, even if I turn them off and on again every time like the manual says.

My stalk has the sensitivity control which doesn't do anything, and the first position has a pic of a windscreen with a dashed line above it presumably indicating rain sensing mode, so assume this is the right stalk? Auto lights work too so assume gel pack is fine, especially as it's not like nothing happens in auto mode, they're just not working how I want them too!

Ideas/tips much appreciated!

(and i know some dont like auto wipers and would rather intermittent etc. but id rather have all the little toys as i happen to get on with auto wipers fine...:rasp: )

Cheers!

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Update: wipers seem to wipe once and wait for rain (as they should do when in auto) when I press hard on the plastic cover behind the sensor, above the rearview mirror. As soon as I let go however, they go back to normal intermittent mode. I had a look at the gel pack from the outside and part of the gel pack looks cloudy, hiding a few of the clear blobs...would following the guide for cleaning it up and sticking it back on with ibruprofen gel be something that'd fix it?