ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Battery?

182cup/D40/Hornet
Looking at changing, been looking at Varta 063, I know this will fit but can you put a better spec one in, like a clio diesel one?

182cup/D40/Hornet
right, at costco, they this bigger one, diesel type,will fit but i have my doubts as it was a tight fit with the standard one, any one?

Black Gold Trophy
063 is correct and providing you buy a decent battery will do just fine.
You could fit a larger one however it will block the intake on the side of the airbox

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Mines never had any probs starting or anything in it's 5 years? Do you mean one with more MAh? Don't see the point?

Genuine questions not trying to be funny :eek:

182cup/D40/Hornet
lol, nah it's ok man, personal choice :)
Put a Bosch S5 610A 63Ah in which I picked up at Costco today,effortless starting, lights seem brighter, alternator not labouring and abit more ballast on the passenger side! ;)

182cup/D40/Hornet
Just took out original battery, 5 yrs 4 months, still starting n that but over winter sounding as if it was struggling to start some mornings

182cup/D40/Hornet
This battery wasfor the 2.0 and diesel at Costco but not on the battery suppliers online :S

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Might consider a better one when mine gives up, but untill then it will do. Cheers.

182cup/D40/Hornet
Yeah, Varta 063 is the correct one, OE size, 075 better spec but physically a bigger battery, 242 x 175 x 175 against 063 212 x 175 x 175.
The Bosch one I got is 242 x 190 x 715