ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 BG Project Thread

Titanium 182
Hi all, got my car yesterday, so happy with it lol all the belts have been done by birchdown so no worries there, 2 previous owners, one of which must of been a member of this forum due to the sticker in rear window! Both cup packs, 70k miles, doesnt want for anything apart from a nasty exhaust leak which made the car sound like it was crying when I was driving home, love the deep note the scorpion gives though was addictive lol :rasp:
Car is literally immaculate, all four alloys unmarked even the steering wheel has intact thumb grips! It just felt right on the test drive so I made an offer £500 less than the asking and got it!
Starting a project thread as I always seem to get the mod bug!

Plans are:
Spraying bullets and badges
Uprated brakes all round and then yellow calipers
Skoda Splitter
Maybe eibach springs, still undecided as I havnt had time to actually take the car on any twisties yet
Maybe replace the scorpion exhaust with a yozza and go down the decat route
Remap at some point
Replace the horrid yellow side lights with LED whites to match the HID's (on order)
3/4 Plate on front after my personalised get assigned to the Clio
White LED number plate bulbs
Silvervisions
Debating new alloys but at the moment I still love the standard alloys in anthracite

Thats all I can think of now, anyway here are some terrible photos of the car due to fine rain that soaks you through :(

Also does anyone know if the LED red light near the cigarette lighter is standard alarm or has a previous owner added some sort of aftermarket alarm?
And also 2, does anyone know if the car looks like it has been lowered or is it just on standard springs

Thanks for looking and enjoy the project thread

img2486x.jpg

img2489m.jpg

img2490am.jpg

img2492um.jpg

img2491p.jpg

img2487bu.jpg

img2488cz.jpg

Titanium 182
Update 11/01/2012

Had my tracking sorted so now the car doesnt steer off to the right lol apparently it was out by quite a bit :eek: Also had my exhaust leak and sag fixed! Didnt charge as it wasnt the hangers just the clamp needed refitting so that was good, car sounds alot better! Also had lots of goodies arrive this week, all bought by mf gx as a late xmas pressie lol got around to fitting the crystal white number plate light, but due to errands ran out of time so couldnt fit the splitter :( but on a good note the previous owner looks like he has had one fitted so there are 8 holes left which I have bought some self tappers for, should be fairly easy really, just got to line up the existing holes! Will be installing that tomorrow along with a quick wash using some of my new products and then fitting the mandatory Renault F1 Team sticker on my bonnet.
Also had to remove my engine cover as the top 2 bolts are missing so it was buzzing alot, will be replacing them asap

Thanks for looking

goodies:
IMG_2507.jpg

before LED light, there isnt actually a dent on my bumper, just wierd lighting:

IMG_2508.jpg

during:
IMG_2511.jpg

and after, will get a better shot when it gets darker:
IMG_2514.jpg

Titanium 182
update 12/01/12

Spent most of the morning trying to fit my front splitter, finally got it out using the already drilled holes from an older splitter which has probably snapped off at some point lol, only problem is I think I need to put about another 2-3 self tappers in to get it flush all the way around. Its not bad by any means but at the moment its really bugging me not sitting flush lol, so will get on that in the morning!
Also added a Renault F1 sticker to my bonnet, really sets it off IMO just need the silvervisions on the front too and then the badges gloss black :rasp:

Here are some pics you can see what I mean when I say it not being flush, but the last 3 in borders you cant really tell, still gonna fix though:

IMG_2537.jpg

IMG_2547.jpg

And sticker on:

IMG_2555.jpg

IMG_2556.jpg

IMG_2557.jpg

Thanks for looking, any ideas on tidying my splitter are very welcome!

Titanium 182
update 13/01/11

well my silvervisions, led side lights and yellow caliper paint never arrived today as I was expecting so I gave the car a detailing session!
Got the buffer out and all my products and proceeded to clean the car only to find its pretty much swirl free lol so instead I clayed and waxed! Had bags of time so did a really thorough job! Absolutely loving the BG in sunlight, amazing colour, and hands down the best condition car ive owned! One or two very minor marks which I polished by hand! The paintwork came out like glass after a good claying! Iphone 4s camera took some good photos but wouldnt pick up the gold flakes, but you all know what it looks like lol :rasp:
The car is crying out for some earlier 182 black inserts on the headlights! Will be getting on that as soon as I get paid as at the moment I can barely afford petrol :(

Enjoy some before and afters:

Before:

IMG_2572.jpg

IMG_2573.jpg

IMG_2574.jpg

IMG_2575.jpg

After:

IMG_2577.jpg

IMG_2578.jpg
IMG_2579.jpg

IMG_2580.jpg

IMG_2587.jpg

Titanium 182
B-E-A-UUUTFIL car! Could do with a set of Eibach springs to set it off :)

agreed, when I first got it I though it looked low enough but every photo makes me realise its still on stilts lol, will be registering for full membership on pay day so hopefully source some second hand springs on here!

2014 Clio 200t edc
Really nice looking car. Very clean too!! Any pics of the led number plate in the dark please?

Titanium 182
Really nice looking car. Very clean too!! Any pics of the led number plate in the dark please?
Doing a few more mods today including silvervision and led sidelights so will be taking some later on, I will make sure I get the LED rear for you

PB Clio 172
Nice car I have a black 172 and love it when its clean. The splitter isnt the best you can buy the k tec one is top notch and is carbon which goes very well with black! Your zenons look very yellowish in the pic or is it me? should be more blue/white ! nice example man !

Titanium 182
Nice car I have a black 172 and love it when its clean. The splitter isnt the best you can buy the k tec one is top notch and is carbon which goes very well with black! Your zenons look very yellowish in the pic or is it me? should be more blue/white ! nice example man !
Its the sidelights you're seeing as "yellowish" the xenons are as you say blue/white, will be updating this in a few hours with some more pics including xenon style LED sidelights, and silvervisions
The splitter needs another 2-3 screws to bring it flush with the bumper, I was using pre existing holes to attach so im guessing the previous one looked abit wonky too lol
Thanks for comments!